GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

2018 GTI SE, shocks shot at 36K?

What's the average lifespan of a MK7.5's shocks / suspension? I get the feeling that my shocks are worn/wearing.
  2. R

2018 GTI SE, new plugs at 35K w/ broken coil clip mod

As the title suggests, I just got around to changing my 2018 GTI's plugs at 35K miles. They are the VW OEM plugs (purchased at dealer). Easy job aside from the crappy coil clips (I broke two of the four -- pretty sure it was unavoidable due to garbage design and quality of components). In any...
  3. R

Where to have Dallas wheels refinished?

I've ordered new Pretoria (18) wheels for my 2018 GTI. My current Dallas wheels have some pretty serious curb rash. When my new wheels come, where can I send my Dallas wheels for refinishing? How much should I expect to pay? Thanks.
  4. R

CARNET Discontinued

Did not renew subscription, but kind of lame/cheap/short-lighted that VW has stopped this so abruptly.
  5. R

What's my 2018 GTI SE 6MT PP w/ 24K miles worth?

Hey All, Just realized that I've paid off my 2018 GTI SE 6MT that I purchased new October 2018. Car only has 24K miles. The car has the Power Package and black leather interior (exterior is white). Full service history -- oil has been changed every 5K miles. Car is in excellent condition...
  6. R

WTB: OEM Factory Dallas or Silver Pretoria Wheels (MK7.5)

Two of my wheels have curb rash. Looking for damage-free wheels with or without tires (preferably without). Prefer NY area or shipping to NYC area.
  7. R

2018 GTI SE 6MT AC Condenser Damaged by rock (22K miles)

I have a 2018 VW GTI SE 6MT with less than 23K miles. I brought it in to Volkswagen of White Plains (NY) for regular service and to report that my AC had stopped working. I assumed that the AC was due to an electrical issue. Turns out that my AC condenser appears to have been damaged by a...
  8. R

Motul '8100 x-cess' or 'Specific 505 01 502 00'?

Like the title says. Would you go with Motul '8100 x-cess' or 'Specific 505 01 502 00'? I would use the 5W40. Both oils meet VW502. My goals: Avoid carbon, wear, and oil consumption.
  9. R

Blow out

Hit a pothole in mid town Washington DC last night. Unavoidable due to traffic on my right and left. Instant blow out. First flat tire since the late 1990s. Front right tire will need to be replaced F these third-world roads! I'm at 8k miles, so not time to replace all four tires (sadly...
  10. R

AC impact on MPG

Hey All, While on a boring, long drive between Richmond and DC, I started monitoring MPG and impacts related to RPM, speed, and AC. While turning the AC on and off, I noticed 10-15% impact on MPG. I've never seen such a dramatic impact in my previous cars (mostly BMW/Audi). I usually leave...
  11. R

Best Catch Can, prevent dirty intake

Hey All, Apologies if this has been covered recently. I have a 2018 GTI 6MT (purchased in Sept '18) with 5K miles. So far, enjoying the car and want to keep it for a few years. I'm concerned about intake (valves) getting dirty due to the DI system. I keep hearing stories about carbon build...
  12. R

Good, quick hand job in DC Metro

Hi All, I hate car washes. Anyone know of a good, fast hand car wash in the DC area? Thanks!
  13. R

Just bought a 2018 GTI SE MT, hate wheels

Like subject says, I just bought a new (2018) GTI SE 6MT. Love the car, but hate the factory (Prius) wheels. I really dislike black wheels and multi-color painted wheels. I am thinking about the "Pretoria" Wheel in Sterling Silver. I prefer 'factory' look wheels. In addition to Pretoria...