GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Is this from tire rolling over

Do you guys think this is from tire rolling? I run about 34F and 30R. Tires measure at about 6/32 inside-out with 23K on the clock. The outer edge has taken a serious beating - they look absolutely disgusting. I haven't noticed any scuffing on the upper wheel well screw. I'll need to chalk...
  2. G

Pilot super sports' PSI for track - stock suspension

What PSI do you guys run? This is my summer setup and i'm trying not to trash them. I run 33F and 29R on the street. Thinking of starting them at 35 F and R and hoping to keep 'em at about 40 HOT. I ran these once (also will be my last time) on autox at 45 hot up front - tried my...
  3. G

Tracking on stock plugs - apr stage1

Is this a really dumb thing to do - am i asking for trouble? I have little over 25K on stock plugs - been tuned since 4k. Car runs great. Was looking to get RS7 (06K905601 M) plugs beginning of the year and i don't know what happened since. :rolleyes:
  4. G

GTI Stage 1 vs. 2 vs. your friend's benchmark car; results, anyone?

Looking for real world results/visualization between APR (or other tuners) stage 1 vs. stage 2 (intake, DP or just DP) from those of you that have had the opportunity to compare these two stages against a benchmark car? What kind of difference did stage 2 make? Sent from my SM-G930U...
  5. G

Trade, anyone? 2dr for a 4dr - MK7 GTI

Curious if anyone is interested in this idea -- Wouldn't mind switching things up a little. Your 4dr GTI would need to have LP, PP, DSG and the base S trim (no sunroof). My car: 2dr '15 GTI (late build) w/ 21,000 miles Night Blue Base (S) model - cloth seats DSG LP Performance Pack APR 93...
  6. G

Annnoying dashboard buzz/rattle during acceleartion in cold (freezing temps)

Now that we have a proper winter here in the Midwest (temps near or below freezing), I'm experiencing this annoying rattling/buzzing that's coming from the middle of the dashboard during acceleration. It sounds really bad and gets pronounced during 2-4K RPM range. It doesn't make a difference if...
  7. G

Michelin PSS vs A/S3 at increased FWD power levels

It's that time of the year. My wheels (VMR810s) have been sitting and collecting dust for little over 4 months and it's time to find them a good set of tires, in 235/40 or 245/40 size. I initially thought that APR Stage1 and OE tires (AS Pirelli P7) was not going to be a good match for my PP...
  8. G

Forza Motorsport enthusiasts - we have some exciting news!

Porsches are finally available in FM6! For 20 bucks you can have 20 Porsches and the VIR. OMG, this is like...the best deal of the century! :D http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a28344/forza-now-lets-you-live-out-your-dream-of-being-a-porsche-collector/ I don't know about...
  9. G

Difficulty openning your driver's door in extreme cold temps

Has anyone experienced difficulty opening their doors in extreme cold? A few weeks ago when it was near 0, the door required physical force to get it opened a few inches, and so on. I couldn't believe it. Today wasn't as bad as the temperature was in the teens, but there was still plenty of...
  10. G

FS: 16" summer/autox/track setup mounted on Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec - Chicagoland

FS: 16" summer/autox/track setup mounted on Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec - Chicagoland Selling my slightly used summer/auto-x setup. They have seen ~1,500 street miles and 4 autox days. Tires are in excellent shape w/ even wear. They were mounted/balanced last summer by discount tire. Tires are...
  11. G

2 or 4 doors if you're over 6'4

I'm curious to see what others are going with as far as door choices are concerned if above average height. I've come to realize that 4 doors is not as realistic as I once thought, primarily due to difficulty of getting in and out of the driver's seat, especially if the door is not fully...