GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

DSG ruins it for me

K, yeah, same thing I'm talking about. Maybe contact VW about it? A bunch of other people have the same thing. Not sure if everyone, or what, but they've done nothing (in the US at least) to attempt to solve this so far.
  2. M

DQ381 transmission

I'd call it hard, most of the time, but there's an audible thunk. The anomaly from 4->3, which doesn't happen often, does have a bit more of a grind sound to it though. At least some of them, yeah. My 2018 wasn't, so I'm told, though. VW had the dealership verify that mine was full when I...
  3. M

DQ381 transmission

I've had a lot of problems with shifts from 2->3 and 4->3, as many others have, but never a 3->2. Some DQ381s were underfilled from the factory. How close are you to needing a service? If close, maybe do it a bit early? If not close, maybe see if you can get the dealer to "check" it (which...
  4. M

DSG ruins it for me

You won't experience the very specific thing discussed in the prior posts if you drive in either automatic mode. It only occurs in manual mode (race or normal gearbox), only in a specific rev range (~2700-4000rpms), and only under a specific range of load levels (~4-8PSI of boost). Even...
  5. M

225/45R18 tires on stock

I've got 225/45R18 in Altimax Arctic 12 on my car right now. They're on ET45 wheels, which sit 5mm further out than stock, so they should fit even better with stock wheels. This size is a bit close to as tall as you can go, but I've not encountered any rubs all winter.
  6. M

DSG ruins it for me

It does help....for about 2 days, then the behavior returns. --Matt
  7. M

DSG ruins it for me

Aw, give poor OP a break. I have the same problem with mine, assuming it's the stuff discussed here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/dq381-hard-2-3-shift.356161/ https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9236907-2018-R-DSG-occasional-harsh-rough-shifts/page5 Best answer I've...
  8. M

Seeing Torque reduction in my logs

It is my understanding that the DSG will limit torque when clutch pack limits are approached. You can get a DSG tune to address this
  9. M

Question for those with the TTRS brakes...

You want lines meant for this specific setup. I went with the ones these guys sell: https://www.vagbremtechnic.com/front-caliper-carrier-kit-allows-fitment-of-ttrs-rs3-4-piston-brembo-calipers-to-oe-340-or-345mm-discs-ak0003/ I'm sure they would sell a set by themselves, if you have everything...
  10. M

Aftermarket Lower Control Arms (Kyostar) -Information Needed!

That's a heck of a price, particularly since they even include new ball joints! Let us know how they go.
  11. M

Loud "pothole impact" sound over bumps normal?

Mine did with the stock 19s. It doesn't with either of the sets of 18s I have now, and didn't with the 17s I had last year either.
  12. M

225/45/18 and H&R Sport Springs

With 225/45R18, you might. I run that size for winter, and it's pretty close at stock height.
  13. M

Does speed rating have much affect on general handling?

You guessed it correctly. Higher LR tires generally have stiffer sidewalls, which makes for more crisp turn in.
  14. M

Does speed rating have much affect on general handling?

Load rating will likely make a bigger difference in feel than speed rating. Do both tires you're considering have the same LR?
  15. M

Golf R - Winter Tire Vibrations

I think these cars are really good at letting you know about the slightest balance issues, particularly if your wheels are lightweight. I had to get my set of 17s with Xice3 balanced 3 times (roadforce twice) before they were smooth. My 18s and PS4S were, too. In the case of the 18s, the shop...
  16. M

Turning off instrument cluster mk7.5

It shuts off after the car has been idle for a while.
  17. M

Milltek Catted DP

The Euro 6 cat they offer won't throw a CEL. --Matt
  18. M

ECS rotors?

I have Stoptech slotted rotors on my car, front and back, for daily driving. They groan a bit at certain speeds. It is barely noticeable to passengers, if at all, and doesn't bother me in the slightest.