GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. BillyBob

From MK6 GTI to MK7 Alltrack?

All, Been almost 3 years since I've been here. Still driving my MK6, which has just crested 61K. However, things in the job field have changed, and I am forced to make a decision in the near future about what I should do. The GTI will be due for a timing chain, suspension check/ component...
  2. BillyBob

Time to look for an AWD/4wd vehicle for work

Trust me, if I could afford it, I would and swap over all GTI braking. Also waiting because rumor is a 7 speed DSG in the near future... not sure if that's for the Alltrack though Either. Wife would perfer auto just incase (I wouldn't) I actually have an 84 fullsize blazer, but it's in...
  3. BillyBob

Time to look for an AWD/4wd vehicle for work

So I'm a field person for an environmental remediation company. Sometimes I need to get on roads that are not paved, or graded... or even cleared of vegetation. Until recently, I lucked out and was able to snag the company Pickup/van/mid-sized car/etc. However, as our company hires more people...
  4. BillyBob

Takata Airbags. - Yes they care for you

Next time just install a wind sock and four 12 gauge rounds into the steering wheel. Much safer.
  5. BillyBob

GTI MPG

My car usually tires to convince me I can get 340/tank, but that never happens. Usually around 280-300 before I get the dash light on. driving is around 50/50 city/highway, but I sometimes lean more to city driving. NJ is congested as hell...
  6. BillyBob

Merkle's Truck Talk & other Musings.

Whoever designed the oil cap to be there should be beaten. It's under like 5 different hoses/ wires. Sounds like zoomies are in your future! :thumbsup:
  7. BillyBob

Scion iM hot hatch revealed

Kinda like a corolla and a MS3 had a baby...
  8. BillyBob

Civic Spy Shots (4DR)

that does look almost accord sized...
  9. BillyBob

Walking dead !

Sounds like Dr. Who. I don't hate this season, but it does get a bit rough to try and follow everything now that the party has split up. I knew Eugene was a hack as soon as he said what he was. Weird part is his lie saved Abraham. So, meh... I will still watch, but it certainly is not the...
  10. BillyBob

Civic Type R 2015

Agreed on the longevity and reliability. But Honda also doesn't appear to be bumping any numbers. Their cars get heavier every generation, but the engine numbers don't increase. That's an equation for them feeling "slow and uninspired" down the line. Though this car looks fast and sounds bad...
  11. BillyBob

Let's make an epic night-driving playlist

Winner winner chicken dinner. And yes, they were both on super Nintendo.
  12. BillyBob

Walking dead !

My friend swears by this movie. He's also an Iron Skies fan.
  13. BillyBob

Civic Type R 2015

The more I see it, the more I like it. Have the hatch and sedan now blended into a lift back?
  14. BillyBob

2018 Jeep Wrangler goes on a diet

Are you suggesting disposable differentials? You may be on to something...
  15. BillyBob

Dana 60/ Corp 14 bolt OR NOTHING!
  16. BillyBob

While true, fail.. Solid axle suspensions are preferable for trail rigs, as they are cheaper to lift and less prone to breaking. However, what kinda trails you gonna do on stock wrangler diffs. What are they? Dana 30s? That's less than a half ton rated Diff. Anything more than medium boulders...
  17. BillyBob

Yay! keeping frame off resto alive in another 30 years!
  18. BillyBob

Civic Type R 2015

I love the fact it's got a ridiculous ricer wing. I'd be interested in it, but NO FOR ME! Considering that Honda has been refining their cars and making them heavier, but not bumping engine numbers, not sure how sporty it could be.
  19. BillyBob

Let's make an epic night-driving playlist

This reminds me of Shutokou Highway Battle... Great game, but no dubs.