GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

Seems like a good idea, pls ask VW CustomerServices...still waiting for a reply here from them after some time...
  2. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

OK, and so did you seal the lights in on putting back?
  3. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

did you remove lights? Seems makes it easier
  4. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

how did you get on with taking the bumper out? I got some PU based sealant, hope it goes OK with the rubber seals of the new vents... Need to do it at the weekend.
  5. R

Lots of water in the spare tire well

All trim out (not bumper yet), the vent compartments were wet though not overly full which is a bit confusing as the wheel well certainly was. Just wondering if this water can actually come through the vent flaps themselves, in very wet weather (we have had a lot) but will keep monitoring before...
  6. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

So are the new gaskets for the hatchback now rubber...or still foam? Will probably order a new set when I have got into those compartments.
  7. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

do you put seal on the foam gasket or around them?
  8. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

did you solve this??
  9. R

did you sort it??? about to start taking trim out here to investiagte
  10. R

you think the water come through the flaps rather than the seals...?? That makes things more complicated....
  11. R

where did you put the sound proofing? has the leak gone?
  12. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

good work Holmes. Hope you have passed this to VW!! I will probably be doing the vents soon...
  13. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

swimming pool here in boot. will quite poss go down this route when trim is off. may i ask did you keep the original foam gaskets or discard them prior to silicon sealing? i plan to use butyl rubber sealant.
  14. R

Water leak in boot

ok, at stage 1 here after finding my boot was a swimming pool; got wheel bay carpet out, and sopping back bench seat now slowly drying in kitchen. Not relishing getting bumper off. may I ask how to access the lights and vents from the inside, ie how to get all the trim and cloth lining away to...
  15. R

Car boot water leak (GOLF MK7) - EASY FIX!!!

found a swimming pool in my spare wheel well (2014 Golf 7) and soaking rear bench seat. Searched the net for all the implicated causes... Firstly, how does the drenched carpet under the wheel come away from the sides of the boot? Do you need to undo some of the plastic housings? Secondly how...