GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. mrtuminaro

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I can’t tell you enough how awesome of a job you did on this transmission. Thank you very much, I’m going to install it tomorrow. Let you know how the first drive goes. Again thank you very much for your very hard work. Anyone looking for transmission work I definitely recommend GTIJake.
  2. mrtuminaro

Informative guide on possible OEM (+) front brake swaps on MQB cars

How's it going everybody, question for the group. First, this thread is the closest that I can get to figuring out what size brakes I have. I'm not in the same location as my vehicle at the moment, so I can't check part numbers or measure. I'm thinking of upgrading, and found a pair of...
  3. mrtuminaro

Yeah bro, we should meet up some time. I’ll shout you a PM.
  4. mrtuminaro

I live in Jacksonville but in Wilmington frequently. I bought a transmission from eBay yesterday, so I was planning on swapping them out. I’d be more than happy to learn from you because I’ve never worked on a transmission before. I’m a helicopter mechanic and am comfortable turning wrenches...
  5. mrtuminaro

My German is a bit rusty. Is my transmission code 02S?
  6. mrtuminaro

What I was leaning towards. Next question is reliability related. What kind of hp can the transmission handle? I was cruising and having fun but nowhere near redlining during the drive yesterday. I have some mods but would say I’m safely below 350 hp.
  7. mrtuminaro

Need advice. Was driving I-95 S and experienced an unscheduled rapid self disassembly of sixth gear. Pulled off and it sounds like a tin can with stones getting kicked down the street. Is it easier/more cost effective to just swap transmissions or should I take it to a shop and have them do a...
  8. mrtuminaro

Smoke from exhaust

Short of pulling the intake mani fold, I’m not sure how to check those.
  9. mrtuminaro

Smoke from exhaust

Battery is fine, I just bought it and have had it on the charger to be sure. I’ll pull the plugs but I’m starting to suspect the vacuum pump.
  10. mrtuminaro

Smoke from exhaust

I also forgot to report that I really don’t have much in the way of a brake pedal. I was willing to accept that I may have a rust ring in the calipers but with the fuel issue, I’m thinking maybe the vacuum pump or HPFP may be bad? Thoughts?
  11. mrtuminaro

Smoke from exhaust

I appreciate the info. I’ll see what happens over the next couple of days of digging. Thanks for this.
  12. mrtuminaro

Smoke from exhaust

That's a great piece of info. Could that be power supply issue? It does seem to come and go, so I'm thinking a loose/faulty connector. Or is that more of a clogged injector since it sat for a few months?
  13. mrtuminaro

Smoke from exhaust

Seems like you're all talking about similar issues that I'm having. I have P03000 Rand/Mult Misfire, P031000 Cyl 1, P034000 Cyl 4, P200600 Intake man run cntrl bank 1, P201500 Intake Mnfld run pos sens/switch circuit, P130A00 Hide cylinder. Engine runs like Quasimodo, stinks of fuel, and smoke...
  14. mrtuminaro

New England guy moved to New Bern, NC!

I’m a little late to the party but I’m in Jacksonville, NC. We should take a cruise some time when the weather’s nice.
  15. mrtuminaro

Misfire CYL 2 N80 Valve?

I installed an IE catch can system and similar symptoms. I removed the catch can and now I don’t know what’s going on. The fuel is just pouring, dumping into the motor to the point that it is flooding the cylinders. I also have no brakes. I step on the pedal and it’s harder than Chinese...
  16. mrtuminaro

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

There’s usually an associated drop in manifold air pressure with twintercoolers when you’re running higher temps, like pushing it at the track. Most street cars will see similar, if not better, numbers if you run a larger IC in the stock location. Here’s ShopDAP explanation for your viewing...
  17. mrtuminaro

Typically just old and crusty bearing grease. CV shafts have needle/roller bearings and that grease gets old, like everything. No need for a new axle. You can just clean it and go.
  18. mrtuminaro

Ordered and on its way.
  19. mrtuminaro

I absolutely love you.