GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. BeeryTravler

Heat problems on track: TECH. Read before adding an oil cooler!

Ok cool. I just measured and the bottom of the cooler is about 1" below the condenser and right in the middle of the radiator support. I tried to match yours in that photo but I think my holes are lower and my brackets are larger. I think I'm going to swap the Z brackets for some U brackets. It...
  2. BeeryTravler

Cool, thanks. There is enough slack in the brackets to get it up a bit, but it should be well above the tray. I was thinking of bending one of the cut-offs to ~45 degrees and taping it to the front of the opening on the bumper with aluminum HVAC tape, then sealing the opening to the duct with...
  3. BeeryTravler

Big thank you to DerHase and Redslaya for doing and posting all of this work. Before I cut a hole in my bumper, does this positioning look good? Seems a little low but it's hard to tell from your photos. This is just a mock up, so it's not level yet or anything.
  4. BeeryTravler

Pulling Water Pump, replace or reinstall?

Hi, 2017 SE. I'm planning to pull my intake manifold and water pump to install an oil cooler. I know these pumps are prone to failure, but I have had no coolant issues. 48k miles, mostly track/autocross for the last few years. Is there anything I should look out for other than mechanical...
  5. BeeryTravler

FS: APR 350x34mm BBK

Hi, I think $1300 is reasonable given the condition. Located in Northern Colorado, buyer pays shipping, I'll cover PP fees. If you're local I'll install them for you. Looking to keep this on the forum, if there is no interest I will post to the FB marketplace groups. This is the kit that was...
  6. BeeryTravler

EBC Apollo BBK - legit?

So I ended up with an APR 6-pot 350x34mm kit as well. Is there any reasonable way to compare different BBK's? I'm probably going to end up selling one of them.
  7. BeeryTravler

EBC Apollo BBK - legit?

Where are you seeing the rings for $300? I was planning on trying the RP1's, and if that didn't work try to figure out if they have a common size. I'll grab one of the worn out pads and try to measure.
  8. BeeryTravler

EBC Apollo BBK - legit?

Yet another reminder that Yellowstuffs are not track pads. Good thing they screwed up the initial order and sent me another set of pads
  9. BeeryTravler

Official APEX VW VS-5RS Forged 17" & 18" Wheel Thread

Stud kit is great too, should have gotten one a long time ago
  10. BeeryTravler

Posing with the little brother. Trying to decide if I leave the Apex center caps or do another blacked out VW.
  11. BeeryTravler

Woooo. Dang these things are light. @APEXWheels you guys gotta up your free sticker game....
  12. BeeryTravler

Golf R brake pad layers

Why not? They are free from FCP Euro. You aren't running performance brakes so might as well be safe.
  13. BeeryTravler

EBC Apollo BBK - legit?

So I'll be the guinea pig.... (mostly pics because I don't word good) Installed them this week. Purchased from Armageddon Turbo, shipped and arrived quickly. Initial impressions were good. Quality fit and finish, solid feel, good packaging. Was initially missing rear pads. I first...
  14. BeeryTravler

Found - Rear PP Brake Line (5QM-611-775-D or aftermarket)

I'm all set. I'll leave this up in case anyone else is in the same situation. Neuspeed was able to make and ship a set within a couple of hours, arrived less than 24 hours later. Super impressed with their customer service!
  15. BeeryTravler

Found - Rear PP Brake Line (5QM-611-775-D or aftermarket)

Hi, I broke a rear brake line for the PP caliper. Does anyone have a take off from installing SS rear lines? Or a SS set they aren't using? My car is down so am hoping someone out there has one and will overnight it. Located in Northern Colorado. Thanks, Joel
  16. BeeryTravler

Delete

I think Geirson said the SM-10's were going to be in the Black Friday sale