GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTI230

Wing foam...

My 2016 Mk7 already came with those pastic panels instead of foam inserts and yes, it's quite loud on the motorways.
  2. GTI230

6 year review and potential rust areas

I wonder if anyone has ever successfully made that warranty claim.
  3. GTI230

Lots of water in the spare tire well

Isn't bizarre how the compartment behind the pressure vents is filled with what looks like beef dripping? I just did mine today and was intrigued by it. Relieved to see it's not just mine.
  4. GTI230

6 year review and potential rust areas

Did you ever get this sorted? I too have two small spots just in front of the rear wheels.
  5. GTI230

Integrated Engineering intake

The city bus comparison is so so accurate! Problem is all these guys making demo videos on YouTube are always at wot so it sounds amazing but when you're pootling about town or worse still, on the motorway with cruise control on, it's constantly changing pitch😫
  6. GTI230

Integrated Engineering intake

After installing this I'm wondering if what you're describing is a tone change while it's building boost. Sorta goes from a low pitch whoosh to a high pitch hiss? I find that part really annoying.
  7. GTI230

MIB2 Infotainment firmware update question

Chickened out and bought a 32GB card. I went from 0343 to 3301 and finally 3342, updated maps, POIs and radio logos thanks to your videos!
  8. GTI230

That’s really interesting, thanks for that detail. I’m waiting for a new SD card to be delivered as my current one is 128GB and cannot be formatted as FAT32. How important is the 4kb allocation unit as I’m not sure a 32GB can be formatted with that size?
  9. GTI230

@mr-fix just want to say thank you for all your contributions to the community, been a long time subscriber and your videos always come up as a guide from software to hardware issues. My current unit running MHI2_ER_VWG11_S2125_1 SW Train, have you ever seen this version before? Why S instead...
  10. GTI230

Update MIB2 Software and Maps?

Same here but how did you establish that 1427 is the correct version to upgrade? That one has a different string MHI2_ER_VWG11_K3342
  11. GTI230

VMR V801 on CSG. What finish?

Hey, do the stock VW caps fit these alloys? I'm considering getting them. How are they holding up? I don't suppose you have higher resolution pics taken?
  12. GTI230

Center Cap?

Can you tell me which alloy is that please?
  13. GTI230

Passenger rattle solved!

I can relate to most, if not all, but I gotta say you're really lacking in mechanical sympathy there. Getting into the throttle when the oil is 180? Are you mad?! 212 for me and even then I think to myself 'but would the gearbox be up to temp by now?' In a world without petrolheads we really...
  14. GTI230

Passenger rattle solved!

Don't give in, it'll consume you haha!
  15. GTI230

Passenger rattle solved!

I cannot thank you enough for this! I too have the same rattle and kinda cracked it by shoving a rag in between the seat bolster and the armrest but it was finicky and unsightly. It also prohibited my gf from moving the seat so as to not disturb the rag😄 I didn’t place the microfibre cloth...
  16. GTI230

How to retro-fit the Mk8 rear suspension aero covers or stone guards to a Mk7 Golf.

I've been going through your guides and enjoyed reading them even if not all apply to my model. So when it came to this mod I naturally decided to get the parts and give it a go. In my eagerness to get going and skimmed through the intro and jotted down the part numbers. My decision was further...