GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

JB4 w/ Bluetooth connect kit and AFR harnesses for both MK7 and MK7.5 so you don’t have to do the AFR wire tap- just plugs right in. Asking $250
  2. N

JB4 w/ Bluetooth Connect Kit and AFR harnesses for MK7/7.5 GTI

Product is listed here. Asking $250. Has the Bluetooth adapter for use with smartphone app. Comes with adapter plug (harness) for both MK7 and MK7.5 models for the o2/AFR connection so you don’t have to do a wire tap.
  3. N

Running Cobb AP (EQT) tune and a different company's OTS DSG file?

I take what anyone says with a grain of salt but generally trust your flow testing. Your testing of the 034 insuction bundle helped me make my final decision to get it based on the results you got with it compared to other options that cost more. No matter your flow method, the results are...
  4. N

Deleted

Deleted
  5. N

Weird whistle type noise...

I’m having the whistle issue under hard throttle as RPM’s and speed builds. Only noticed it after installing a turbo inlet pipe, hose, and filter. Could you expand on the inlet elbow being the issue and other cases of where you heard about it? Thanks.
  6. N

[deleted]

this thread has been deleted.
  7. N

Hey Ed, Thanks for chiming in to my thread and giving me the correct info on your tune. It’s great to know your TCU tune does indeed work based on throttle requested. I live only an hour away from EQT HQ. What are the chances that I could get my car flashed there and not have to invest in the...
  8. N

Definitely. That’s true.. the reliability aspect of it is important. I didn’t think there was that much difference in reliability for stage 1 power level but APR might be the safest bet. One of the most powerful ots and a good tcu tune.
  9. N

Y You mean by doing APR plus? True. It is a great option but I have a hard time not seeing it as an expensive low torque 87 oct tune. Especially because of how confident I am in the reliability of this platform and having driven these cars for a few years now many miles, but it’s still a big...
  10. N

haha this ^^^. ain't that the truth, I guess I'm more objective though as I'm legitimately just trying to find the best. So I'm not trying to absolutely cheap out, but I just want to make the best first move to avoid costs from switching and trying other things etc. Sounds like I can't go wrong...
  11. N

Looking for slightly more than "fine" I guess haha. I'm definitely more focused on the DSG tune than ECU at this point. I'm sure I'd be happy with most ECU tunes as they are similar enough. I've mostly been going off of the mygolfmk7 information. Jeff has compiled a great resource that I've...
  12. N

That's kind of what I was thinking.. and knowing me, my OCD absolutely doesn't like the idea of mixing and matching tunes for the sake of not running as in sync as they could but I guess I was just hoping for people to chime in who have had good experiences. I'm definitely leaning towards Cobb...
  13. N

Not goals really, just preferences. Most TCU tunes shift based on engine speed and I'd prefer something that can adjust based on throttle input. Since the DQ381 is different characteristically, it's hard to compare with the DQ250 (6-speed) as far as tuning goes. Because from what I've seen, the...
  14. N

I couldn't find much on this topic and would like to introduce it for discussion. Is it possible to run an ECU tune from EQT and a different company's TCU tune that isn't through the COBB AP? I found discussions of people who have ran a different brand's files also through the Cobb AP but my...
  15. N

Burger Motorsports JB1 Group 2 -Mk7.5 GTI

Still available?
  16. N

Jb1

I know it’s been a few months but is the JB1 still available?
  17. N

400whp E85 GTI Roll Racing

Thanks for the insight Jim! Didn’t know they had a warranty, happy to hear that.
  18. N

400whp E85 GTI Roll Racing

Been watching some of your videos and you put me onto the JDE IS38+. You have one of the cleanest OEM+ style GTI’s out there which is what I’m going for with my ‘21 SE. Impressive on the road as well. I don’t know if I’m not looking in the right places but I haven’t seen anything else on the JDE...