GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SouthFL_Mk7.5

best option for more camber

-2 up front with the Euro puck, Superpro LCA and VWR Cup Kit. The puck provided -.8deg .
  2. SouthFL_Mk7.5

best option for more camber

The Eurosport puck sits within the factory tophat. It retains the best NVH characteristics because of this. The Superpro is a metal assembly. I’ve run both. The Superpro run great for about six months then NVH becomes a real issue (at least from my experience). I swapped them out for the...
  3. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Ceramic vs Low-Met Brembo pads

I’ve never used ceramic pads (knowingly) until recently. Akebono ceramic on my Integra. Zero dust. Zero dust. Did I say zero dust?!
  4. SouthFL_Mk7.5

dedicated track pads

I had the non spec Powerstop Track Day on my ILX for a track day. They held up for 20min then begged to come back in. I kept them on for daily and they dusted like crazy. I swapped them out for EBC yellow which were similar.
  5. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Turbo-backs and CELs

Had to fiddle with the orientation of my urotuning O2 spacer and got mine running cel free.
  6. SouthFL_Mk7.5

200tw tires for Track use

Lol. I bought a set of V720 on closeout years ago from Tire Rack and didn’t know about the delamination problems until the day before my first track day in the GTI. I ended up running on a set of 220tw PZero and saved the V720 for Autox and finished burning through them on the street daily. In...
  7. SouthFL_Mk7.5

200tw tires for Track use

When New Lines on 3 of my 5 660’s emerged over time. I wonder if they have anything to do with that seam visible when new?
  8. SouthFL_Mk7.5

dedicated track pads

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/track-pads-for-mk7-5-r.415690/page-3#post-7935256
  9. SouthFL_Mk7.5

dedicated track pads

Bestbrakes . Com Use the brake finder feature and use 2018 GTI as search w/340mm rotor for the front. You will see Porterfield R4 and R4S pop up as well as Ferodo DS2500 .
  10. SouthFL_Mk7.5

dedicated track pads

Nothing substitutes a true track pad. I’ve tried over the years on different platforms in search of the magic dual duty pad; Hawk HP+, Carbotech Panther Plus, Porterfield R4S, Ferodo DS2500, PowerStop Track Day and EBC Yellow and they have all asked for a break at the 20min mark. The factory PP...
  11. SouthFL_Mk7.5

dedicated track pads

I’ve always like Porterfield R4. You can use R4 up front and R4S at the rear. When done with track day swap in R4S up front and you’re good for Daily and Autox duty. The R4 and R4S compound are interchangeable.
  12. SouthFL_Mk7.5

ECS Reinforced Metal Skidplate installed.

After having to replace the plastic oil pan due to hitting a metal object I ordered the ECS reinforced skid plate and it’s installed! -No clash with the Aerofabb splitter. -Reinforcing brackets and bar sturdy and aluminum plate a nice thickness. -Only thing missing is an oil drain plug access...
  13. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Plastic oil pan took a hit

ECS reinforced skid plate installed! No clash with the Aerofabb splitter. Reinforcing brackets and bar sturdy and aluminum plate a nice thickness. Only thing missing is an oil drain plug access hole like the one I have on my Mini made by Rennline. For this ECS plate, oil change requires removing...
  14. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Picked up the car today. My mechanic showed me how the hit ripped off one of the studs of the oil level sensor and opened a nickel sized gash in the pan at that location. New plastic pan installed and metal skid plate is delivered later this week. Car is up and running.
  15. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Thanks for the input and experiences guys. I ended up going with a plastic OE replacement and will be protecting it with the ECS reinforced metal “Street Shield” skid plate. I’ll post pics of the skid plate once it’s installed.
  16. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Driving on the freeway on the express lanes (no ability to change lanes and zero shoulder). Going at speed, I see what ironically looked to be a metal oil pan right on center of the lane as the SUV in front of me just cleared it. I braced myself and clang clang took a direct hit as it passed...
  17. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Kumho Ecsta v730 Tires: Pros & Cons

Wel, I’ve since driven these V730 in a wet monsoon we had here a couple weeks ago and they performed surprisingly well for what they are. I was expecting much worse. This is street daily driving of course. Again, they still have the large sipes on the outer tread surface, as well as the large...
  18. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Kumho Ecsta v730 Tires: Pros & Cons

First time I flog these on the public roads in the rain. I can’t get them to slip or break traction. Can’t speak for performance in standing water or drenched highway yet, but I’m amazed as to the grip in transition on wet asphalt that these v730 have- granted, the sipes are still there- almost...
  19. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02 Tires

I’ve gotten a decent 25k miles out of 220tw PZero . That’s even including a track day and a couple autox. Key is rotation. They’re old tech but they’ve served me well.