GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Deanjet

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

Any idea what went wrong? I put the MK8 conversion kit in that I bought from Urotuning, along with the OEM TIP. Took the car to Sebring last week for an SCCA Track Night and used 0.75 liters of oil every 20 minute session. That's 3 times my consumption rate when I was using a Spulen catch can...
  2. Deanjet

2015 Golf R 77000 miles Limestone Grey

Still for sale, need to replace my GTI
  3. Deanjet

EBC RP-1 AND RP-X track pad review

I track my car about 6 times a year and use GiroDisc rotors with my Macan calipers. Best pads I can get that I don't have to swap out for track events, I can't stand :mad: bleeding my brakes repeatedly to get the air out. Pad cost and dust is not an issue, but squealing rotors, or aggressive...
  4. Deanjet

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Just going to come right out and say it, I didn't search this thread. I track my car about 6 times a year and use GiroDisc rotors with my Macan calipers. Best pads I can get that I don't have to swap out for track events, I can't stand bleeding my brakes repeatedly to get the air out :mad:. Dust...
  5. Deanjet

I have the exact same problem. They are expensive and don't fit.
  6. Deanjet

What’s my next move for overheating?

Thanks for the links, I have some reading to catch up on! I have no data at all to provide (older guy, not tech savvy). Cooling wise it’s all stock with the exception of a Bartech oil and transmission cooler mounted in front of the intercooler. The Intercooler is. Burger Motorsport. No extra...
  7. Deanjet

What’s my next move for overheating?

I’ve installed aux oil and transmission coolers on my 2015 non-PP GTI and I managed to get a big red “engine overheated, turn off engine” message on my 4th lap at Sebring yesterday. I let off the throttle and pitted to cool down. I’m APR stage 2 using The stock IS20 turbo. For those who track...
  8. Deanjet

So tired of swapping pads and the crazy bleeding problems with these calipers. I’m going to Throw some EBC PR-1 (DP81210RP1) pads on and see if I can live with them on the street. The EBC Blues were fine on both the street and track, except for being worn out after only 2 track days. Never heard...
  9. Deanjet

Wheel weights

I've never lost a weight during track days. Maybe I'm just too slow;). I always remove the old weights and deep clean my track wheels when taking them in for tire changes.
  10. Deanjet

Bar-Tech Tuning oil cooler

I don’t have an oil pressure gauge. It would be not be a bad idea to find an inline pressure sensor capable of giving a digital signal.
  11. Deanjet

AN8 is plenty good. I see a 20°f drop on the street and a 30°f drop on track.
  12. Deanjet

I like that explanation, my catch can doesn’t have any more water in it than it normally does.
  13. Deanjet

Oil temp not getting high enough during normal commutes. The very highest oil temp I see is 200f. Do I need to see at least 212f to start boiling off any condensation trapped in the oil? On the flip side, max oil temp at Daytona and Sebring is 240f. No more backing off the throttle at 270f.
  14. Deanjet

200tw tires for Track use

They no longer have that size listed on Hankooks website 😞
  15. Deanjet

Fender screw mod is done, I’m rubbing through the fender liner about 10” forward of that screw. Looks like the Hankooks won’t work.
  16. Deanjet

Hankook RS4 question. I was going to buy a set of RS4's but I don't see the size I always get. I have some 18" x 8.5" wheels with a 43 offset. I have to run 7mm spacers on the front due to my BBK. I usually get 235/40 R18's and they rub on my plastic wheel well liners. The only thing I see...
  17. Deanjet

Need help with Stoptech brakes

Looks like everything is out of stock on the site you mentioned. I found the proper seal kits at Amazon and of all places, WALMART! I should have enough seals here by next week to rebuild both calipers. Unless they do the ECS trick and tell me next week that they are out of stock for another 6...
  18. Deanjet

I messed up my order and bought 38 & 36 mm seals. Waited 6 months for them to come in since they were back ordered. I needed 36 & 34 mm.
  19. Deanjet

Resealing my ST40’s after a piston started leaking. How in the world does one press the dust boots in? I’ve tried everything I can think of.
  20. Deanjet

Found one!: Wavetrack for 2015 GTI with DSG transmission.

Thank you, just got notification that it will be here in 2 days 👍🏼