GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Re door leak on speaker

Hi, just an update , I’ve finally got round to doing the leak on the rear door speaker. I’d just like to give some insight for a novice like me who has to do this job. There are a few videos on YouTube to watch first, on this subject but this is what I found. The 3 screws to remove first are...
  2. G

Rear doors leaking

Hi, just an update , I’ve finally got round to doing the leak on the rear door speaker. I’d just like to give some insight for a novice like me who has to do this job. There are a few videos on YouTube to watch first, on this subject but this is what I found. The 3 screws to remove first are...
  3. G

Rear doors leaking

The only test I’ve done is with a few watering cans on the outside of the window , I couldn’t see any water leak from the door card so I’m apprehensive to remove this . Previously though when I’ve checked the rear carpets after rain the bottom of the door shows signs of water on it where the...
  4. G

Rear doors leaking

Hi, I sent VW Uk an email regarding the door leaks and mentioned this is a very common problem . I just like to share there response ......... “I am really sorry to hear of the issue with your vehicle. I have checked our factory database and I can confirm that there are no outstanding recalls or...
  5. G

Please help, can I get app connect on my car?

Hi, I’d also like this done, where do I find the head unit part number and software version. Mines also a 2016 gtd that’s not been enabled. Thanks
  6. G

Rear doors leaking

Hello, it looks like both my rear doors on my 2016 golf gtd are both leaking water into the foot wells , it seems quite common and it’s probably the speaker seals from other posts . Has any body had the seals repaired ? Was just wandering how much this would cost or is there any recall on this...
  7. G

Drop in mpg on gtd

Hi, have you had this fixed . ? And is the OBDeleven something any body can by and use. Just wandering if I've hot the same problem ,thanks
  8. G

Faulty tail light

Hi, 31,000 and just over 3 1/2 years old now. From what I've learnt on the forum looks like it needs a complete new unit. Are they just plug a new one in and away you go or is it a garage job, thanks.
  9. G

Faulty tail light

Hi, just checked , no it’s still doesn’t work , it’s just the outer ring off lights that work properly, thanks
  10. G

Faulty tail light

Hi , I’ve checked this morning I think it could be the camera angle , both sides seem identical , there both tight round the body work it’s just the gap where the boot sits down there’s a gap which is identical on both sides , .... When I apply the brakes it’s just the normal brake lights which...
  11. G

Faulty tail light

Hi ,thanks for the reply. The mileage is 31,000 . Thanks
  12. G

Faulty tail light

Hi, it looks like some of the leds have packed in , In part of the rear light, it’s the centre of the outside cluster...is this repairable or is it a complete new unit. Can’t find much info on it , thanks
  13. G

Drop in mpg on gtd

Thanks everybody for your reply’s , I’m noticing a difference with the colder weather. Probably everything switched on and engine oil thicker.? Thanks again
  14. G

Condensation on windscreen

Does this come on automatic with maximum de mist , or can it be timed . Thanks
  15. G

I’ve checked the tyre well and it’s dry as a bone ,BUT I’ve been round footwells again and under mat on rear passenger side there is some moisture, it rained heavy last night so I presume it’s getting in through door seal, ?? I’ve also been looking at the A/C settings , does any body know what...
  16. G

Thanks for the reply’s , I’ll check the tyre well tomorrow , all the footwell carpets seem dry, The pollen filter I’ll check as well. I would of never thought that could of coursed heavy condensation , thanks
  17. G

Strange bracket???

Thanks a lot , it was the passenger side rear end cover, would of never found it, thanks again
  18. G

Inside I’ve checked alll mats kept them dry ,thought the kitty litter would sort it but still Same
  19. G

Hi, Does any body have the same problem of the windscreen misting up in the mornings now the weather has turned cold , I know this is quite normal for any car but my 2016 gtd takes about 8 mins to clear before it’s safe to drive , I’ve seen other threads with some saying they never have this...
  20. G

Strange bracket???

Hi, there is some numbers, very small. VL/HR 510 881.347a. On the other side Alt pa6 gf15. Cheers