GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Charlotte.:R

G2 Brake Caliper Paint kit: Impressions and thoughts after a year and a half

Nice write up. Agree G2 is a fantastic product for the price. I used it on my Macan calipers back in 2020 and it's holding up great -- helps that they were that bare/flat black and I painted them black. Also used on my wife's B9 A4 and C8 A6 which both had bare Brembo calipers. No worse for...
  2. Charlotte.:R

HVAC companies are becoming near scammers rant

Doesn't help that prices have also doubled in a couple years. When we replaced our AC a few years ago, quotes were from $7500 -- $15,000. We went with the $7,500 option, then paid another $1500 or so to have someone fix all the crap they messed up on the install. I don't trust anyone in the...
  3. Charlotte.:R

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

My wife went back 3 days in November. We had separate offices. I miss her. She was the best office mate I ever had. And not just because of afternoon delight. But that was a bonus lol
  4. Charlotte.:R

My company is just the opposite. Totally micro managed. 8:30 and 4:00 daily check ins, 15 minute daily project updates. Weekly Jira review. Time sheets down to 15 minute increments. Expectation is to be online and available from 8:30-5, with lunch from 12-1. Management needs notified of any...
  5. Charlotte.:R

This is my setup. First ~6 months I had an workout bench for a seat, and my computer on the pool table, which sucked. Now I have an actual desk setup which is exponentially more comfortable. We got to take our chairs when we cleaned out the office.
  6. Charlotte.:R

I definitely feel the same way sometime. M-F, the only really time I leave is to take my kid to school, a whopping 3 miles away. I mean, I walk ~5 miles around the neighborhood every morning, but it's not really getting out. I have a 12 mile commute, takes about 45 minutes, which would suck...
  7. Charlotte.:R

It's great isn't it? I loathe the 2 days a month I have to go into the office. They try and make it as painless as possible at least, in office hours are 9:30-4. I'd be looking for a new job if we had to go in more frequently, even if it paid less. Fortunately, being a subsidiary we have no...
  8. Charlotte.:R

Bump!! Who's still working from home? Friday 3/13/2020 we left for the weekend planning to WFH for 2 weeks. December 2020 my company decided to not renew our lease. We go into our parent company 2x a month and basically do nothing 🤣 Looking back, it's crazy how less productive we were in...
  9. Charlotte.:R

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

I should have gotten a bigger safe..... --said probably everyone
  10. Charlotte.:R

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Congrats on the MK8. Nice to see you sticking with 3 pedals.
  11. Charlotte.:R

Goodbye, and thanks for the years!

Congrats on the new car!! If you had reached a point you didn't feel comfortable driving the car due to reliability issues it sounds like it was definitely time to move on.
  12. Charlotte.:R

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

There is a fun show this weekend and I want to thin the heard a bit. Does $1200 sound reasonable for this, including the ammo? It’s a 29-3, not a super desirable version since it’s not pinned/recessed like -1 and -2, but it’s also old enough to have a hammer mounted firing pin, no internal lock...
  13. Charlotte.:R

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

I actually have a decent amount of space (~750 sq ft) it's the configuration of the garage that isn't conducive to an actual lift. I'd probably obsess about jack points too lol.
  14. Charlotte.:R

DIY House Mods

Time and effort cost money. We supplied materials for our backsplash and labor was $500. Pretty nice to be done in a day
  15. Charlotte.:R

Those seats look to be surprisingly bolstered for the era. I feel like everything I remember was park bench flat.
  16. Charlotte.:R

DIY House Mods

We used Floor and Decor when we did backsplash and bathrooms. Insurance claim, so no DIY.
  17. Charlotte.:R

I looked at them and just don't see what those offer that QJ doesn't. And like Jay said, they block a lot of access. One of the pro's of the QJ would be using a creeper to get around. So far, every instance of the QJ falling over that I've found was user error and not confirming both sides...
  18. Charlotte.:R

Ditto. Both sets of my jack stands don't have locking pins. Didn't even know that was a requirement these days 🤣
  19. Charlotte.:R

Thanks!! I'm not getting any younger, and crawling around on my hands and knees and scooting under a car isn't as fun as it was 20+ years ago. Plus, my VW and wife's A6 both kind of suck to get up on 4 jacks stands since they lack center jack points. Looking at the 5000 as I think it would be...