GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Any NAS gurus here (Network Attached Storage)

you can configure that from the router usually
  2. B

Any NAS gurus here (Network Attached Storage)

build a cheap desktop with raid support to use as a NAS drive and set it up however you like
  3. B

Bear Mountain Runs (Ongoing)

when is the next meet?
  4. B

Help, spark plug tip broke inside cylinder.

In my case, IF that happens down the road then so be it. But I'm not going to start taking my engine apart when it's running fine to find a problem that may or may not be there anymore. I wasn't giving any advice im sharing my experience if certain people don't like it that's their call
  5. B

Dumb people have feelings too you know.. anywho my car has been running good since, who knows if I'm "dumb" lucky and it shot out or carbon clean fixed it
  6. B

UPDATE.. 2 weeks ago, I cleaned the carbon with a sand blaster and I used the liquimoly fuel injector cleaner "someone suggested I should try" put everything back together and about 350 miles in so far no issues. Runs smooth no CEL and engine compression is about the same still. I don't drive...
  7. B

Lol I like extreme sports.. I saw this video of a dude with similar issue, he ran the engine with the spark plug out for a few mins and little thing popped out, is that safe to do on our engines
  8. B

I turned the car on to move it to the back to work on it, but it seems good now again, the ticking noise is still there but much quieter.. and it drives just as good as before, been driving around all day and so far it's good besides from the ticking noise. So I'm not really sure what's causing...
  9. B

I know, it's awful, seems like I'm going for a teardown this weekend after checking turbo blades first, is there something I should upgrade or get done while im at it besides cleaning carbon build up? Also this is my first time taking it apart, do I need any special tools?
  10. B

I'm going to take the DP off this weekend, I turned the car on for a few seconds I did a datalog if that helps, and also there was 3 codes when I scanned it. P0300 P0303 P0304 https://datazap.me/u/nabeelhuss/log-1618956238?log=0&data=7-11
  11. B

would I be able to tell if I take the intake mani out or going thru the dp is better? It's funny I ordered a sandblaster last week to clean carbon out anyway.
  12. B

It ran great last night with no issues but today back to square one again. I'll do that log later on today when I get out of work.
  13. B

UPDATE - After trying to fish it out with no luck, I changed the oil hoping for the best and I turned it on, it started vibrating like crazy for 3 secs then it was smooth again and the sound went away. I drove it around for about an hour maybe a bit more with no issues and it was running great...
  14. B

There you go, kinda hard to do it with one hand holding the phone lol I hope it's good,
  15. B

I need some help, last week I got a CEL P0303 misfire, first thought check the spark plugs. I took it out and the tip was broken, it's inside the engine? I replaced all 4 plugs I tried to get the broken tip out with a magnet but no go Now the car makes this weird sound, youtube link below. I...
  16. B

IT help/recommendations thread

what he said, with cat7 i think is the best option, just remember its not recommended for anything more than 100 meters (300 something feet) from there you can run an Access Point inside your shop for wireless connection
  17. B

Remote start recommendations?

from my understanding you don't actually need the key part, just the fob. If I would to grab a used oem fob from ebay (from a totaled mk7 or something) saw some for like $20-30 and getting it programmed from the dealer technically that should work as the "sacrificed" spare key correct? I'm...
  18. B

Fully electric tailgate opening / closing with the key for golf 7

also where do you get that trunk button from, the one next to the gear shift?
  19. B

Fully electric tailgate opening / closing with the key for golf 7

where did you buy it from, how much? Details people... we need the the goodies for those who don't have Facebook like me