GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

MK7 GTI stg1+ vs Ford Focus RS

Driving home from work, a guy in a blue RS was about to cruise past me, he then slowed his car down to take a look at my GTI, then pulled in front of me (traffic). When the traffic cleared up a bit, he let loose. I decided to follow. I popped over in the left lane, and was s-l-o-w-l-y gaining...
  2. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I was choosing between the Remus system and the Neuspeed system. Eliminated the Remus due to cost, and also because I thought the quad pipes on a GTI were a bit over the top as well. Plus, the Remus system didn't sound as nice as the Neuspeed. There was a Neuspeed equipped GTI in the shop...
  3. M

The sound is just what I was looking for. Not too aggressive. Very deep tones at cold start/idle, comes a bit more alive when you open up the throttle. I have a DSG transmission, so the "DSG Farts" are accentuated a bit. No obnoxious drone at highway speeds. Can finally hear my car vs...
  4. M

Focus ST vs himself

Not really a race thread, but a guy comes into our dealership for a oil change/tire rotation in a Focus ST. Cobb tuned (so the stickers say), aftermarket cat-back, plasticoat black wheels. Talking to the kid and asking about his car. He says he is a cobb stage 2, and he is putting out 425...
  5. M

Got my Neuspeed catback exhaust system put on today (finally), as well as Stoptech cross-drilled/slotted rotors. Very pleased with both products!!
  6. M

MK7 GTI vs Mitsubishi Mirage.....yeah

Anyhow, on my way to work this morning, and a blue Mitsu Mirage is next to me... looked like it just ran through the "performance" section of Autozone and every add-on stuck randomly to his car. So, after a period of him revving his fart can exhaust, he makes a run and passes me, with his...
  7. M

Best/Worst roads for driving in your area...

Just curious as to what roads (Within 100 miles of you) that you would either go out of your way to avoid, or go out of your way to have a challenging/scenic drive... For me, Worst: I-4, the whole flipping road from Tampa to Daytona. Especially the stretch between the Orlando theme...
  8. M

New to the GTI Family!

Took me a while to find my way to the forums, bought car back in September. Black GTI with Performance package, DSG transmission (central florida traffic sucks, so went with the auto). After about 5K miles, I already went stupid and did a APR Stage 1 tune and APR intake. Tuesday adding...