GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Locked out - KESSY

I didn't think it was possible, but I locked my keys in the car yesterday - with the keyless system. I was at a bike race and the car was in a locked state, but I could open/close the hatch to get gear as needed - the hatch automatically unlocked when you went to open it. I stripped down a bit...
  2. J

Check your sunroof drains

Had a surprise Saturday morning after heavy rain - water dripping into the car from behind the overhead lights. Checked and both front sunroof drains were completely clogged. I tried to fish string-trimmer cord through them but that didn't clear the jams, so I had to access the drains ends...
  3. J

SOLD: Door Puddle Lights - New

*** SOLD *** Set of 4 Door Puddle Lights Includes 4 Wire Harnesses and 4 Extra Door Clips.
  4. J

Noob Clubsport S muffler install & mini review

Quarantine boredom got me to finally pull the trigger on a Clubsport S muffler (5G6253609DD) I ordered from E-Acca and it took about 4 weeks to arrive in PA. Shipping was $135. I had a problem with their site accepting PayPal but a couple of emails to E-Acca got it sorted out. My local...
  5. J

PP diff and LP worth the upgrade?

My 2016SE non-PP, non-LP is the first FWD car I've owned and the wheel-spin and hop is an annoyance, and the headlights are underwhelming. I understand that dedicated summer tires and upgraded mounts will help with the traction and hop issues, and I could buy replica headlights. New...
  6. J

SiriusXM haggle

Most of you probably know, but if not, call SiriusXM before your free trial or promo ends and tell them you want to cancel, they'll offer you some "special" promo. I just finished my 2nd 5-months for $25, and they tried to get me to renew at $8.99/month but when I declined they offered...
  7. J

Fog light and high beams option?

My fog lights turn off when the high beams are turned on. Is there a way to change that without forcing the fogs to *always* be on with high beams? To be clear, there is coding so the fogs turn on with the high beams, but what I want is only have fogs + HB *if* the fogs are switched on via...
  8. J

Minor damage - repair or replace bumper?

The reason I bought the GTI was because in November 2017 a young driver on her phone ran a stop and totaled my car. Last night while my car was parked at my house, a 16-year-old backed into the GTI and damaged the bumper. It's mostly paint marks/scratches but there is a small quarter-sized...
  9. J

Remove old smoke smell?

Now that it's getting warmer my used GTI is revealing an ugly past - it was a smoker's car! The car smelled fine when I bought it but now it stinks. Dealer basically said, "That's too bad" so I have no recourse there. I plan to do a full interior cleaning of all surfaces, Lexol the leather...
  10. J

Fender Subwoofer "cheap and easy" review

I keep stumbling upon mods (mods that I didn't know I wanted) for the GTI reading through other threads. Someone mentioned the "subwoofer mod" in an unrelated post and a Google search found this: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7603322-Replace-your-Fender-sub-the-cheap-and-easy-way&...
  11. J

Auto Dimming Review Mirror - review

My previous car had an auto-dimming mirror and the old school "flip-tab" that came with my GTI seemed really cheap and didn't really work all that well IMO. The new mirror is EXCELLENT! The dimming reaction is fast and effective and crystal clear. The "frameless" design is slick and the...