GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Georgem98

Traded my R in for an R

The dsg is supposed to be a bit better I think on highway. Extra gear and all.
  2. Georgem98

Just got a '19 Golf R and I have questions

Is that the whirring he was talking about? I have a similar sound almost sounds like the air ride suspension on my old Lincoln Mark 8. Anyone know what that sound is? It's not just reverse it could be anytime
  3. Georgem98

Traded my R in for an R

Similar move here 17mt r to 19 DCT R.. did you notice any of these other strange differences? when I first got into the car the seat belt tension was way more relaxed than in the older car. I can no longer hear a change in sound at 3,000 RPMs like I used to and the manual, think it was the...
  4. Georgem98

Anybody that normally buys manuals switch to the 7 speed dsg for the R?

Drove a 17 MT R for 30 months and loved it, now have a 19 DCT R and 1200 miles on it and love it also.. Still undecided which I liked better but I'm getting WAY worse mileage in the new car not sure why. I drive 8 miles to work and used to get 25.5 like clockwork, now getting 21.8 like...
  5. Georgem98

Faded weather strips

I just got the car three weeks ago and noticed this right away. I brought it on a week later and their detail shop rubbed it down with something, maybe Mineral oil, but it's not any better. In the showroom the gti's all look like this and I've searched this forum and found nothing. Does anyone...
  6. Georgem98

New owner

After lurking for some time finally pulled the trigger on the 17r manual. Picking the color was very difficult but settled on the black one to complete the sleeper feel that i was ultimately looking for. Just got her back from getting 35% all around and opened up the center console!