GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

DSG Stuck in Sport Mode

The DSG in my 2017 GTI switched itself into sport mode and is stuck there. I did not hit the console button or pull back on the stick to engage it. I checked for faults with OBD11 but there weren't any. I have tried changing to normal with the driving mode button but it does not respond. Any...
  2. S

Sweep And Then No Sweep

My car delivered with the gauge sweep feature on startup. Occasionally though the needles just lay there. Does anyone have an explanation as to what causes this? Just wondering. Thanks
  3. S

How's Your Fresh Air Temp?

On my MK6 TDI I left the temperature knob at 72° all the time, regardless if I was running the AC or just taking outside air. Without the AC on the vent air temp seemed to mimic the outside temp pretty well so the AC wasn't needed until the cabin really started to cook from the California sun...
  4. S

OBD Eleven Disappointment

I hate to say it but the shine is quickly wearing off OBD Eleven for me.:mad: A great many with Mk 7s produced prior to December 2016 have had a terrific experience, but it's an entirely different story for those of us with cars produced after that. Were it not for the valiant efforts and...
  5. S

Help With Air Conditioning In OBDeleven

Can someone help me with accessing the AC module in OBDEleven? When I select Air Conditioning then select Coding I get a message in red saying "Something went wrong. Try again". Same thing if I select Adaptation and everything else for that matter. Is there another way in? I'm trying to check if...
  6. S

Vent Air Temps

On my Mk6 TDI I was able to draw outside air through the vents that with an outside ambient temp of 70 - 75° was comfortable. No need to run A/C until the temp rose above that. MY 2017 GTI seems to be a different animal. At 70 - 75° outside the vent air is bordering on hot. Just wondering if...
  7. S

OBDEleven Caution

After a lot of head scratching and research it appears that Volkswagen has executed a major control module re-write on some 2017 models (mine for sure) rendering OBDEleven ineffective at best and useless at worst. So far the only thing I've been able to change is turning off the soundaktor...
  8. S

Still Learning

On my MK VI TDI you could change things like door lock function, DRL on/off, Beep on lock, etc through the Multi Function Display. On my MK VII GTI as of day 6 I'm still in discovery mode but I haven't yet found the right menu item that will allow changes to those features. Did they incorporate...
  9. S

Whhat Am I Missing

When I re-start my car having previously had the radio volume set to listen, the volume is now off. It is my understanding that it's supposed to store the previous setting but it does not. I've only had it for 4 days so is there some magic incantation I need to recite to get it to work...
  10. S

Build and Buy(back)

Friday 2/10/17 I had my buyback appointment. Fifteen minutes in and out. Check in my hand and straight to the bank to deposit. Saturday I went and picked up the replacement. 2017 GTI Sport w/ DSG. Got a smoking deal on this car despite the fact that the dealer had to do a trade with...
  11. S

Fog Lamps as Cornering Lamps?

I was flipping through the long list of mods available with OBDEleven and noticed one that enabled a directional cornering lamp feature. I was immediately curious if that mod is applicable to the Mk 7 Golf GTI S or only on some other models. On my TDI it was a standard feature and I really...
  12. S

No Fog Lamps in GTI Sport

I'm kind of ambivalent about this as I don't think I have EVER used them on any car I've owned, but aesthetically speaking, their absence makes the front appear a bit naked. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Just wondering. Thanks Frank
  13. S

Driving Mode Selection

I will be executing my TDI buyback and 2017 GTI Sport pickup in a couple of weeks. I've driven every iteration of the GTI with the exception of the R (which they keep locked even on the showroom floor) but there is little time to explore much. Can someone please tell me exactly what you can...