GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Crazy route suggested by the latest navigation map data!

I recently downloaded the latest satnav maps from the new Website at: http://webspecial.volkswagen.de/maps/int/en/index.html The downloaded maps were entitled “European Countries - Bundle 1” and were dated 2017/12/12. Using 7-Zip, I then unpacked and installed them on a Volkswagen...
  2. T

MIB2: Pressing the On/Off/Volume knob for 15 seconds or so

On a Discover Media Generation 2 (MIB2) unit, what function precisely is invoked by pressing the On/Off/Volume knob for 15 or so seconds? This appears to be an undocumented function in the VW user manuals (well, I haven’t found it described in any of them) and there appears to be some...
  3. T

Is Car-Net Guide & Inform really useful?

My new Golf Mk7 came with Car-Net Guide & Inform (basic) as standard equipment and I am trying to decide whether it is worth the effort to set it up in order to use its services. Does anyone use Car-Net Guide & Inform and, if so, which of the services do you find the most useful? To set it...
  4. T

Do I have the latest map data?

In August 2016, I bought a new Golf Mk7. The car came with the Discover Media Navigation system. I am trying to determine whether I was given the latest map data at handover and how I can tell when new map updates become available. At the handover, I was given a plastic case containing an...