GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

Intercooler performance

That does make sense about heat from the engine components throwing off air temp readings. Also, I took another look at the data from APR, since it is the only "real" data I have seen.... They did 6 consecutive runs, with 30 second intervals. Their data shows that IAT temps with their...
  2. F

Intercooler performance

One way to get an actual comparison of intercoolers would be to run a vehicle at a steady rate/power output and graph the intake temps. The better intercooler would give lower temps, which would allow for lower boost pressure. This would simplify the question. The issue I see with typical...
  3. F

Intercooler performance

The important thing to understand is the more efficient intercooler will always increase power and efficiency, in every scenario. Period. You basically said it yourself. Intake air temp is what it is all about. The lower the intake air temp, the more power your engine will make...at a...
  4. F

Disabling the 39 degree warning?

Does anybody know how to disable the stupid 39 degree temperature warning? I know it's supposed to be for "safety", but it has never been beneficial, although it is always annoying. I put up with it for 200k miles on my mk6 tdi, but I'd really like to make it go away on my new mk7 gti. I do...
  5. F

Performance Package for Winter Driving

When I was thinking about buying my GTI w/pp, I thought maybe the limited slip differential would make a difference for winter driving. I looked everywhere for a review where someone brought it up, but I didn't find anything...but it made sense that the limited slip diff would be an...
  6. F

OBDeleven traction control apps

I just got the OBDeleven, for the purpose of changing the asr/esc behavior. I was surprised to find 6(?) different apps for traction control settings, but I couldn't find any descriptions of what each option does. I was expecting to find one app to get the "R" settings--ESC sport and ESC/ASR...
  7. F

Anybody looking for 18" Austins w/ tires in Minnesota?

Hey, anyone need wheels and tires? I've got a set of 18" Austins off of my '16 GTI I'm looking to get rid of. They have Hankook Ventus S1 Noble^2 tires (All season performance). Tires have 9/32" tread (out of 10/32"). Five thousand miles total. Two wheels are basically perfect, and the...
  8. F

Rally suspension for GTI?

My situation: I have a new GTI, but no good paved driving roads nearby. So I thought of making my car a little more rally?! I asked Google about this, but the little I found concerns older Golf generations. In my mind, the main difference between stock and "rally" suspension would be...