GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

DSG Shifter Assembly Replacement

I'd rather not make a long, boring post so I'm going to make this short and sweet. I need to replace the shifter assembly on my 2015 GTI. My warranty is up and VW isn't replacing the work even though it was already done once within the warranty period. I need to know how hard it is to replace...
  2. J

Clunk on DSG upshift

Recently I had my car tuned to Revo Stage 1. About a week after I got tuned I started noticing something going on with my transmission. After the car gets very warm, like running for an hour nonstop, that when i come to a complete stop and accelerate I get a clunk, almost like a slip, right...
  3. J

2017 Subaru Crosstrek review

I can't say from experience. Just what I've read and heard. Although it doesn't surprise me if Subaru manufactured another junk tranny. I completely annihilated my '14 WRX's in 14k miles. Granted I beat the shit out of that car it was bone stock minus a catback. I'll be trading in my GTI when...
  4. J

They'd create too much internal competition I'd think between the Forester XT and the WRX. I have heard however that the new WRX's CVT is actually legit and not a slush box. When it first came out a lot of professional car reviews were calling it the best one available. Sent from my iPhone...
  5. J

New issue with Green MDI cable

I've seen a lot of debate and questions on the green MDI cable for lightning port iPhones. I got mine to work in my car, but not my wife's. We both have 2015 GTI's. The issue I'm inquiring about is that I've read I can use maps and videos on my head unit with the cable but I don't get anything...
  6. J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. J

I recently had to take in my 2015 GTI in for warranty and the newest recall so I was given the pleasure of taking a new Subaru Crosstrek again as a loaner. It should be noted that I had one of these before last year for a loaner also, so my perceptions are valid as it's now my 3rd Crosstrek I've...
  8. J

2015 GTI Audio/Navigation upgrade questions

First, if this, and I feel it has been, discussed before, please post the links and I'll delete the thread. Anyway, here's my questions. One: is it possible to legally obtain navigation using the stock head unit on a base GTI? Second: Are there any ghosts or other common issues when...
  9. J

Stock diverter valve noise.

I know there's A LOT on this topic and forgive me for not being as thorough as I could be. But is the stock diverter valve on the MK7 typically loud or is what I'm hearing a sign of failure? I may never have noticed before because now that I have my exhaust I'm looking for (good) noises. What...