GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. LI_GTI_Guy

FS: Bluemotion style Grill

FS: Bluemotion style grill for GTI Bluemotion style grill with red stripe for GTI - Originally purchased from here: https://bit.ly/2Vo5mWp - Only used on car for 4-5 days... its basically brand new - VW emblem was reused from OEM grill so there is some minor wear on it - Fitment is great and...
  2. LI_GTI_Guy

MK7 GTI OEM Springs

- Used Mk7 GTI OEM springs - Used for 21,500 miles - Price: $100 + shipping (dependent on location) - Payment via Paypal
  3. LI_GTI_Guy

Heavier Gear Oil for Gear Lash Chatter (SMF noise)

For people who have installed a light weight / SMF with their clutch upgrade you know what Im talking about....that chattering tick or clatter noise caused from gear lash in the trans and vibrations from the engine (this is NOT clutch chatter). Since the stock DMF dampens these vibrations you...
  4. LI_GTI_Guy

OEM Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF) p/n-06J105266AL

- Used for 21,000 miles - In good shape - No hot spots / cracks - Needs resurfacing - $100 + shipping
  5. LI_GTI_Guy

Shop for Clutch Install (Long Island)

Been searching around for a reputable shop to do my clutch install here on Long Island. Im willing to spend the money to have it done right and have the work backed if something goes wrong. Anyone in the area care to share their experience with a particular shop for their clutch install? Any...
  6. LI_GTI_Guy

JB4 Connect Kit Rev3

SOLD
  7. LI_GTI_Guy

"No Antenna" Message

A few times now when trying to listen to satellite or use the navigation it says "no antenna". The satellite stations dont come in and the nav doesnt work correctly. After either a few minutes, a few hours or once even overnight the antenna will come back online and everything works fine. It...
  8. LI_GTI_Guy

Mk7 GTI rear brake noise

GTI rear brake scrapping noise Edit: To fix this issue see post #11 Car: 16' GTI w/ PP @ 15,000 miles I started noticing a noise coming from the rear brakes. So I jacked the car up and this is what it sounds like with the rear wheel spinning freely off the ground. Same noise is present on...
  9. LI_GTI_Guy

Calling all GTIs w/ DCC + VWR Springs

Im trying to figure out what direction I should go in with my PP GTI w/ DCC. Im debating lowering it with VWR springs, but from what Ive been reading there are alot of different opinions. Some guys are reporting no change in ride quality, while some say it makes the ride way too stiff, while...
  10. LI_GTI_Guy

FS: Stock Austin Wheels (Set of 4)

Sold!!!
  11. LI_GTI_Guy

Raceseng Ashiko Shift Knob - Translucent Charcoal

- Slightly used Raceseng Ashiko shift knob in translucent charcoal (This color is now being called translucent smoke on the Raceseng website) - Minor chip in one area (pictured below) - You will need to purchase one of these to fit it to your Mk7...
  12. LI_GTI_Guy

FS: ECS Shifter Bracket Bushings

SOLD
  13. LI_GTI_Guy

Hit and run

Some a$$hole backed into me in my complex parking lot and just took off without leaving any information. I'm now stuck covering the damages on my own and I wasn't even in the car when it happened. People really suck sometimes. Looks like I'm going to need a new drivers side headlight (bi-xenon)...
  14. LI_GTI_Guy

AC turn off under full throttle?

From what I understand its a relatively common thing for cars to turn the AC compressor off when you go full throttle. So if thats the case, then why does it feel like there is less power from the engine compared to when the AC is off? If the compressor was off during full throttle it would feel...
  15. LI_GTI_Guy

JB1 Tutorial - Map Settings, Logging and more

Came across this video created by CuperSteve. Its really informative and helpful for understanding the ins and outs of the JB1. Hopefully this can help some people optimize the way they use their JB1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU337LX86lg It can also be found here...
  16. LI_GTI_Guy

Back Window Sprayer Stains

Anyone else having this issue? Even if I dont use the back sprayer and the car is completely cleaned, after a couple of days I noticed the drip stain. Kinda annoying, especially when you look through your rear view and thats all you can see. And yes I know my car was filthy at the time this pic...