GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Snitt

Front clunking noise solved?

I think I figured out my problem. Last July, I heard a horrible metal-on-metal sound as I pulled out of a parking spot. It went away, so I didn't think anything of it. Fast forward to March, and my daughter got her temps. In her first parking lot, she slammed on the brakes a few times at...
  2. Snitt

MK7 R - Rear Rotor Replacement

Color me stumped. :( I followed Adam Chander's rear brake/rotor replacement video. I retracted the electric parking brake following the procedure below (I didn't connect a battery charger, since I don't know why I'd need one. My battery is about 6 months old and fully charged) and waited 30...
  3. Snitt

Pinalloy paddle shifter extension discoloration

I installed these in January 2017. After about a year, they took on this weird gold hue to them instead of the solid black color that they should have been. I finally took them off today, since they look terrible. I'm curious if any other members have had issues with their product.
  4. Snitt

How soon until I'm screwed?

I bought the VW Care program, which includes my 30K Haldex service. Today, the service manager said they did my "Rear differential," and that is what's listed on the paperwork. I called them, and they told me, "The rear differential and the Haldex are the same fluid. There's only one fill...
  5. Snitt

Open hood without opening door?

Kind of a dumb question. My car was sideswiped today, and my driver's door no longer opens. I want to pop the hood, but the release only works when the door opens. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the hood up? :(
  6. Snitt

Lug nut Covers

I'm going to be installing my winter rims for the first time on my R, but I'm unsure as to the best way to remove the black lug nut covers. I found a video on Youtube that shows a guy using a tool from the spare tire kit, but the R doesn't come with the kit. What's the best way to remove these...