GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. rbk

fog light out VW says it's coding but doesn't make sense HELP

my driver side fog light recently stopped working so I brought it into VW as I'm still under warranty. they look at it and tell me its a coding issue (because they know I have some vcds stuff done). the only vcds stuff I've done that has anything to do with lights are: oem euro led tails (I...
  2. rbk

boomba short shifter question

so this is gonna sound crazy but I installed the boomba short shifter adapter and at first it was incredible but both me and my wife independently brought up that it no longer feels like it did in the beginning (it's only been a few weeks) it now just feels like it did before we installed it...
  3. rbk

faint beep when shifting

so i've never noticed this before but today while driving slowly around my neighborhood with no radio etc everytime i pushed the clutch pedal in i heard a very faint quick beep. it only happened when i pushed the clutch pedal in and ive never heard this before (tho granted i dont normally drive...
  4. rbk

shift console tabs broken

hey guys, so in the process of removing the shift console two of the metal fastener tabs on the front of the aluminum trim at the bottom of the boot snapped off. i put some double sided tape on the edge of the trim and snapped it back into place and it seems to be holding nice and tight but i...
  5. rbk

pressure loss detected

hey so i was just driving home on fwy and out of blue get a warning message "pressure loss detected" but it doesn't give any additional info. pulled over tires looked good (didn't have a psi gauge but visually looked good) and checked oil it seemed fine and smelled/looked good. pressed the car...
  6. rbk

question about hardwiring a dash cam

hey guys, so i'm going to get a dash cam and while i know i can get a hardwiring kit and run the cables under the headliner down to the fusebox and do it that way i was wondering if there was anyway to use this much simpler kit...
  7. rbk

help me pick a vanity plate

hey guys, so i want to get the black retro ca plate and in order to do so you have to personalize it. i've never been big on vanity plates but i really like the black plate so i'm going to jump in. have some ideas was hoping i could get some feedback, and if any of you have suggestions would...
  8. rbk

issues with BFI shift knob

so im having an issue with my BFI shift knob where the shaft will loosen and i'll have to take off the console surround pull up the shift boot and tighten the screws near the bottom of where the BFI attaches with the little allen wrench tool they supply. its not the actual knob, but the shaft...
  9. rbk

touch up paint?

got a few deep scratches and I'm most likely just going to take it to a shop to have it professionally painted but was wondering if anyone had any success touching up paint with any of the products sold online? car is white if that makes any difference.
  10. rbk

deautokey led turn signals

was wondering if anyone had the new brighter led turn signals from deautokey but the white bulb instead of the amber. I've seen the videos of the amber signals but am really curious what the white bulbs look like.
  11. rbk

can a Macbook Pro work?

so I need to get a new laptop and I've always used Macbook Pros and am much more familiar and comfortable working with the apple iOS vs windows but I'd like to potentially be able to have my laptop be compatible with the car for possible tuning or vcds stuff. is any of that possible with a mac...
  12. rbk

help with Apple maps/carplay

so I've tried everything I can think of, pressed the little arrow thingy on both the phone and the map screen when phone is connected but I cannot get the map to be oriented towards the direction of travel instead of always facing north. for instance if I'm traveling east the arrow faces and...
  13. rbk

weird infotainment issue

so every once in awhile I'll make/take a call thru carplay while listening to satellite radio and it obv mutes the radio while I'm on the phone but then the call will end and whereas 97% of the time the radio comes back on in, very infrequently I will have to manually power off the head unit and...
  14. rbk

side emblems

brand new black and chrome side emblems for GTI. got sent these by mistake so they are brand new in the box never used. they are great quality the same as oem material just black and chrome and they have an adhesive backing to attach to the fender. the packaging isn't scratched or damaged that...
  15. rbk

downpipe or springs? help me pick my next mod

title sums it up pretty well, trying to decide whether to get a downpipe or ED springs next (am kindv torn between ED n VWR). ultimately I will get both but will most likely stagger them by a few months depending how some other financial things go. I'm eventually going to go stage 1 then 2 but...
  16. rbk

going to dealer for sun roof tsb...need to remove NPM?

title pretty much says it all. I'm going to dealer to have the sunroof rattle looked at, do I need to remove the neuspeed power module? will they look in engine bay even tho they aren't doing anything to it?
  17. rbk

good roads in socal

hey guys wondering if anyone can recommend some good roads that might not be too crowded in socal? some nice long sweepers with good visibility and good pavement would be sweet. I know everyone goes to mullholland or runs the snake but if anyone has some cool secret spots that aren't over...
  18. rbk

painted my wheels

so decided to paint the wheels satin black instead of powder coating as i read powder coating can weaken the wheels and painting is the superior method. i LOVE how it came out. used "dr wheels" they come to your house or office and do the work right there so you don't have to deal with dropping...
  19. rbk

not another jb1 vs neuspeed thread

so I've read a ton of threads about the jb1 vs neuspeed debate and I'm well aware that the consensus is the jb1 is the better module. my question is how big a difference is it cuz I can buy a used neuspeed module for ~$200 and the jb1 is $379 new and haven't seen any used for sale. I'm fine...
  20. rbk

OEM: mirror caps, shift knob, mats, taillights + more

all pretty much brand new off a white 2016 gti I've looked around online and all this stuff is priced much lower than anything I've found. mirror caps -$85 shift knob -$50 SOLD mats (the carpet ones, these are brand new never used once) -$75 oem taillights -$200 rear wiper (full assembly)...