GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

1.8L TSI IE Tuned Auto

Did you get the misfires resolved? What was the issue?
  2. C

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Maybe a dumb question, but…I’ve got a 2016 Sportwagen with an IS20. Been running a JB4 but I want to switch to a “real” tune. On your site the year drop-down goes from 2015 to 2017, and the only trans options are manual and DSG (I’ve got the torque converter auto) - website quirks, or am I out...
  3. C

Trusted Indie Shop by State Thread

East side, Western Washington - these guys are a little over an hour from me, but absolutely worth the drive. Redmond, WA Achtuning 14540 NE 91st St, Redmond, WA 98052 425-895-0000 Preferred Service Advisor: Kelly Campbell Preferred Tech: (unsure) Personal work I've had done: IS20 install...
  4. C

Sold: AFR harness for JB4. Plug and play harness.

I'd love to take this. PM'ed.
  5. C

Power Liftgate mod recommendation ?

Do...only ladies put stuff in the cargo area?
  6. C

seatbelt warning going off mid drive...

Cell phone trips mine with ease. I believe there's a capacitive sensor, and current from electronics makes it think there's a passenger, so the airbag switches on...then the car starts throwing a fit because the seatbelt isn't latched. I can reproduce this 100%, and I bet you can, too.
  7. C

MK 7 Low hanging fruit

What problem are you trying to solve?
  8. C

On the fence to keep it or turn in?

It's discontinued after 2020, and I am still seeing a few new '18s left on dealer lots, so...steep discounts should be a given. Agreed 100% that you could likely come out with a new car and a warranty for less than a used version.
  9. C

What could have caused this damage?? Its a brand new car...

I don't know this particular product, but most detailers would warn you away from using a chamois or chamois-type product. While they absorb water, they are also flat, with nowhere for dirt to go - so if there's dirt on the surface of your car when you dry, you're just rubbing it around and...
  10. C

2nd vote for P&S Bead Maker - this stuff is brilliant, and not just on cars (though quite brilliant there). You can usually dig up a code for Autogeek that'll get the price below Amazon. https://www.autogeek.net/renny-doyle-bead-maker-128.html No affiliation with Autogeek or P&S, I am just a...
  11. C

On the fence to keep it or turn in?

Definitely get something reliable - maybe...a Toyota? Toyota Recall Expands to Include 1.8 Million Vehicles Hondas are nice too. Honda Recalls Nearly 250,000 Vans Due to Fire Risk Nissans are pretty awesome! Nissan issues recall for 1.2M cars, SUVs with back-up camera defect Fire danger...
  12. C

15 vs 16/17 vs 19/20 Golf Hatch

The 1.8T was used up through '18. The 1.4 came in '19. Have you actually sat in a GTI for a bit to see if you can find an adjustment that works for you? Totally get where you're coming from - I'd just hate to have you put off the car because of the seat. That said - speaking as someone who is...
  13. C

You can retrofit fogs using the OEM parts. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/quick-writeup-how-to-retrofit-fog-lights.324861/
  14. C

Agreed on everything said above - you don't want a '15, if only for the infotainment. The 7.5s look a little nicer, but there were some small cost-cutting measures - not as much sound insulation, no lockable glovebox, refrigerated glovebox is gone...no deal-breakers, but some nice-to-haves. I...
  15. C

The scratches on the trim look a heck of a lot like the work of a giant, rotating car wash brush. The marks on the hood/fender look like someone rubbing at a spot with a dirty or dry rag. My guess is that both are courtesy of dodgy dealer prep. Hard to tell from the pics but the paint marring...
  16. C

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Sorry - data overload. I kept it running on my whole commute, thinking more is better. I swear I'm gonna get this, folks. Sounds like I need to get it in third and keep it in third and grab that. AT but I think I can pull it off. I'll try to grab a more reasonable, non-"War and Peace"-length...
  17. C

Updated log. Still lots of boring commute, but I got some rips in. https://datazap.me/u/cruster/commute-rips-0?log=0&data=1-4
  18. C

Ha - yep, George just responded with the same. Apparently my boring-ass commute to work isn't a good marker. I'll rip it up this evening and post another log. I appreciate you looking.
  19. C

Oof - yeah, having a USB extension cable hanging off my car for the drive to work this morning probably looked awesome. I grabbed a few logs - I sent these to George as well but I thought I'd share here too to see if anyone had any advice. Map 0 and map 2 logs...