GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Upgraded headlight knob : fogs are 2nd pull?

So I upgraded my headlight knob on my ‘16 S, it was on AliExpress for cheap. The new knob has an “auto” option and two pull detents for (I assume) front fog lights and rear fog lights. The knob came with a shortish cable and photo control to allow the “auto” setting to work. It isn’t bullet...
  2. D

Need help with Auto Dimming Mirror

Hey guys, I bought an auto dimming mirror off AliExpress for my 2016 GTI S w/ lighting package. I'm running into a couple issues. 1) in several pictures of people upgrading their auto-dim mirror, in for example the autobahn trim, there is a grounding lug under the overhead map light. It is...
  3. D

GTI top speed governor

So today I found the top speed limit of the car at 125mph, which is 4K RPM in 6th gear. It kind of took a while to get up there and fuel economy was right around 15mpg according to the OBC, so I probably won’t ever be driving the car up there, but just out of curiosity, do any of the tunes move...
  4. D

Question about OEM HID headlights

Hi guys, this one is for the REAL gurus who know the OEM headlights inside and out (literally). Background - my '16 GTI threw a 'Adaptive headlight error' message. Trip 1 to dealer : I took my car in, dropped it off, and after a full day, they diagnosed the right (passenger) headlight was...
  5. D

GTI new tires : 225/40/18 stock vs 225/45/18

Quick question for the rubber gurus: I've got 20K miles on my daily driver 16 GTI, and the stock Continental tires are still going, but they are getting near replacing. I'm in lower NY, Long Island, and unlike in upstate NY, the winter isn't terrible here. Long Island has a few snow days here...
  6. D

Center cubby door won't close

Has anyone else experienced this? I get the cubby door by the gear shifter 80% closed and then it just stops. It won't latch shut. I don't want to force it and break something, because there is definitely a reason it is binding up. I never keep anything in there except my iPhone cable and phone...
  7. D

Controlling the cluster dimming effect?

I noticed the other day when it was sunny that I had a very clear view of the instrumentation cluster. Went for a drive and got stopped at a red light that backed up into an overpass where it was pretty dark. Looking down I couldn't see anything in my instrumentation cluster. I notice there is...
  8. D

Dead battery issues

Comments welcome... Last Friday I used my car, came home from work, locked it, it sat all Saturday, went to go out Sunday and found car wouldn't unlock. Popped the driver door handle cover off to expose the key hole and got in, key in ignition, and nothing coming alive. OK, dead battery?? I...
  9. D

VCDS / OBD11 Lighting (Leutche) primer

I've got an OBD11 and I did the Kencha tails lighting mod, and I'm very happy with it (the mod, but also the OBD11). Two more lighting mods i want to do are related to the LED "U" DRLs. Specifically, 1) I want to keep the DRLs on at full brightness when the headlights come on, and 2) I want...
  10. D

AC turns on every time I start the car

Every time I turn on my car, the AC light comes on. If I push "off" and then turn the car off, and back on, the AC light comes on again. Why does the car default to running the AC? It doesn't matter if the blower is positioned at the feet or at the windshield. It doesn't matter that its only...
  11. D

Why LED tail lights

I know that a lot of people didn't like the MK5 and MK6 tail lights, and swapped over to the LED tail lights. On the MK7 the stock tail lights don't look bad to me. Especially with some VCDS tweaks to do the Kencha tails like Ford Mustangs, they look really good. Just wondering, why is it that...
  12. D

Overhead light brightness adjustment

Does anyone know if its adjustable? The light intensity switch adjusts the backlighting of all switches and cluster, but I want to adjust the reading/map lights intensity. Can it be done with VCDS?
  13. D

EuroDyne Tune Group Buy?

Is it possible to start a thread on a group buy for the Eurodyne tune? If we get a couple names together we can find out about pricing. 1. Derf 2. ?
  14. D

Lowering Fuel Tank- Aux. Heater Metering Pump Install

Awesome pics, I wish I had the mounting bracket. Can you post the service manual link? Unlikely that you can just get the intake pipe into the top of the tank as it is pretty long. It's a hollow metal pipe, not rubber- it will bend, but you probably can't snake it up and over with little clearance.
  15. D

ROSS-TECH VCDS PRICE INCREASE

Looks like Ross Tech has hiked the prices of the hex-net wireless dongle. As I remember last week, the 10 user license hex-net dongle was $400, while the pro version was $500. Now it looks like the 10 user license is $450 and the pro version is $600. That makes me sad, as I was almost over...
  16. D

MK7 Auto-Dim Rear view mirror

Just thought I'd start this thread showing some research I've put together. My 2016 GTI S did not offer the auto-dim rear view mirror option. I was pretty bummed about that as my last car (an 3-series BMW from the 90's) that I'd been driving for the past 14 years had it. It isn't that its a...
  17. D

Any Europeans here with a GTI?

I'd appreciate it if you can post the dimensions of the center console cup holder near your arm rest. I would like to compare to the US version to see if the cup holder insert can swap over. Thanks
  18. D

Why I didn't get the PP

So I just bought my first GTI, and I'm excited. I didn't get the PP, and here is why. 1) $1500 was a bit rich for my budget, to be honest, but I also felt like it wasn't even necessary. This is going to be my DD, not a track car. The PP only seems to help track-oriented driving, and even so...