GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Crank walk / class action (we need to get together)

At how many KM did you install the DKM twin clutch, and was is tuned?
  2. A

Oil around filler cap

I am not sure if the oil cap/seal has anything to do with it because I remember mine was perfectly dry up until ~60k KM or so, and then then I started noticing more oil sweating around the oil cap. About 2 weeks ago @70k KM I noticed both the crank pulley seal and the upper timing cover (rear...
  3. A

Timing Chain Cover Leak

This week I noticed a very minor leak from the EXACT same bolt, but my immediate thought was to try and tighten the bolt and indeed it was noticibly loose. I sprayed brake cleaner in that area and wiped it clean, tightened the bolt with a 10mm flare nut wrench and drove about 80km on the highway...
  4. A

BFI MK7 Stage 1 Mounts review

I installed the BFI Stage 1 on my 2018 R last night and that transmission mount install was a huge pain. I ended up using a dremel to destroy the ECU metal cover rivets (what a dumb design)!! That said, all the slop is gone and I can shift through the gears much smoother with virtually no...
  5. A

Bilstein B6 suspension & chasis rebuild

I just picked up my Bilstein B6 parts for a 2018 R but still waiting on new OEM mounts/bearing. The factory Monroe's started crapping out at about 50k KM for me. They felt soft even in Race mode and started clunking pretty badly in cold weather.
  6. A

Habor Frieght Jack Stands Recall

I am buying these --> https://www.amazon.ca/Omega-32225B-Black-Stand-22-Capacity/dp/B000GTMIQO 22 Ton is overkill yes, but there I can use on ANY vehicle in the future and not worry.
  7. A

PolyUrathane vs Graphite Impregnated Urathane bushings

Hi All, I am trying to get a better understanding of the differences between PolyUrathane vs Graphite Impregnated Urathane bushings. I just picked up a 25mm NeuSpeed swaybar and they advertise the bushings as being Graphite Impregnated Urathane, however on the box it says the bushings are...