GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

(SOLD) FS: 16 VW GTI 6MT LP, PP and DCC ($14,950 OBO)

Specifications: VIN: 3VW547AU9GM026492 Mileage: 85,329 miles as of 9/24/23 Location: Atlanta, GA Factory Options: 6-speed manual transmission SE Trim (black leather interior, and Fender sound system with dedicated subwoofer) Performance Package (limited slip differential and thicker rear...
  2. M

WTB Austin wheel

Hi, I'm looking to buy one or two Austin wheels, based out of Atlanta. Please let me know!
  3. M

Creaking from front suspension when coming to halt

There's a creaking sound that emanates from the front of my GTI when it comes to halt on an abruptly inclined surface. It is most noticeable here but also noticeable when driving over bumpy roads at low speeds. I am visualizing something to do with a suspension component poorly absorbing the...
  4. M

Steering Wheel Vibration

Folks, I've had my wheels road-force balanced to within limits but I can still sense some vibration through the steering wheel. I'm the only one who can feel it, though - passengers can't. It's only on glassy-smooth roads that I don't feel any vibration. Is the GTI steering just...
  5. M

Alignment Off

I ran over a pothole and went to Firestone for an alignment. I was informed that, despite their best efforts, the driver side was 0.1 degrees off on the camber. As such, after 3-4 seconds of leaving the steering wheel on a straight road at about 60 mph, the car pulls slightly to the right. In...
  6. M

Caster Adjustment?

Is it possible to adjust the caster angle on a MK7 GTI? Mine's a PP, if it helps. The dealer had switched out the strut mount, bearing and control arm, but the caster angle was out of range again after 200 miles. Any suggestions on resolution?
  7. M

112-point Inspection

How long (in days or hours) does the VW 112-point inspection take? Customer and VW tech responses would be appreciated!
  8. M

Rear End Collision - What Damage Should I Look For?

Rear-end accident at 20 mph. The young man had been working since 6 AM, and was driving home after a 12 hour shift. As mad as I was, I didn't have the heart to yell at him. Immediate problems: 1. Squeal from the engine under acceleration 2. Rear camera not working 3. Hatch won't close properly...
  9. M

Dallas VAGCOM?

Can anyone help here? I just need to make a couple of lighting tweaks.
  10. M

GTI Interior Trim Metal Bits?

As the title asks, which bits of the GTI interior are metal? I know the door handles are, as are the metal slivers covering the edges of the window switches. How about the steering wheel? And the gear stick? And the surround for the MIB, etc? Basically, if something in the GTI trim looks...
  11. M

Rear passenger side door doesn't open from inside

The rear passenger door cannot be opened from the inside once the car is locked. However, all the other doors can be unlocked from the inside. Anyone else have this issue? It looks like it might be electrical. P.S. The physical child lock feature has been disabled.
  12. M

My Performance Pack GTI is here!

Picked up my CSG GTI yesterday! Specs: - 4 door - Stick shift - Performance Pack - DCC - Lighting Pack So far so good. :)
  13. M

Best All-Season Tires, and From Where Do you Put Them On?

Evening folks, As the topic states, could you give suggestions as to which tires are good for the GTI? Some context: 1. Use: The GTI will be a daily driver (i.e. no current plans for track days) 2. Conditions: Here in Dallas, we have pretty much all season weather - so hot, dry days up to cold...
  14. M

Build Time Criteria

My dealer said that it would take about 3 months for my car to be built, and another month to be delivered. I have a suspicion that build times for more optioned cars (like Performance Pack, DCC, etc.) might take a bit longer. Any thoughts?
  15. M

August Ordering Thread

Deposit placed for a 2016 GTI, with the following specs: - 4-Door - Carbon Gray - SE - Manual - Performance Pack - Lighting Pack - Dynamic Chassis Control Not quite sure how this whole ordering process works, but I have been told by the dealership that I will be getting assigned an agent who...
  16. M

Actual Horsepower

The Mk7 GTI has 220 HP with the PP. But, often, this output has been said to be understated. As such, has anyone done a dyno test for an actual output?
  17. M

Driving Lights with Sport Setting

For those who have the driving package, what does selecting sport from the individual setting do? Does it make the lights stationary, or do they turn faster?
  18. M

Stick Shifting Techniques/Tips/Tricks?

Does anyone have any particularly unique stick shifting techniques/tips/tricks they'd like to share? I, personally, use minimum wrist effort to shift gears. So that GTI short shifter matches. However, even after driving stick shifts on and off for a couple of years, I can't downshift as...
  19. M

Performance Pack Details

How does one tell the difference from the exterior as well as the interior, when the GTI is equipped with a Performance Pack?
  20. M

Rubber Mats versus Carpet Mats

Which would you choose, and why? I am inclining towards the carpets, just because they look better. However, one cannot discount the durability inherent in the rubber option. You?