GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Under car photos anyone?

Very unlucky day for my beloved Golf. Within the course of 24 hours, I start the engine after a 30 minute stop and it starts for a second then switches off on its own and the MFD says "Error: Gearbox" so I switch off the ignition and immediately restart and all is good. I am suspecting early...
  2. T

Pot holes and tire bulges

About to replace my THIRD Pirelli P7 due to a sidewall bulge at the first serious pothole. Car is less than 6 months/5000 miles. Anyone luckier with other 225/45 17" OEM tires?
  3. T

Mixing P7 with P7 Blue?

So long story short, original front left corner kaput, sidewall bubble at 4K miles. Car came with Pirelli Cinturato P7 225/45 R17 91W which is unavailable locally, closest option was P7 BLUE 94W (Extra Load). New tire has the same pattern but higher Wet Grip, fuel efficieny and noise ratings...
  4. T

DCC again!

I know this is a tough question to answer because you either have DCC or you don't, but I am hoping someone who drove both versions can give his feedback: Is DCC worth it? The thing is I have owned 2 BMW 5er's one with and one without the DCC equivalent (VDC in BMW speak) and they are 2...
  5. T

Space saver spare for 17" wheels

I recently swapped my 16" factory Dovers with 17" madrids. My car came with a 16" full size alloy spare which is now obviously mismatched with my wheels. I've checked with my local VW dealer and they have 16" and 18" space savers. Can anyone with 17" factory wheels and a space saver spare...
  6. T

Can you indentify this part?!

Found this 2" hook dangling from a hole in the underbody protection plastic near the front right wheel. Not sure if it came from the car or was picked up from the road in some mysterious way. Can anyone recognize it?