GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I washed my Golf for the last time today as it's being collected tomorrow. I've VT'd it so wanted it to be clean and presentable. It's been a mixed experience. I've loved the car (mainly) which I've owned from new, but it had the DSG gearbox, clutches and driveshafts replaced after just a...
  2. S

UK PCP - Handing car back early

I have a Golf 1.4 TSI DSG SE that I took out a 3 year PCP on in September 2014, so currently about 29 months through the 36 month agreement. I arranged to do 45k miles and I have currently done 43k so I have done slightly more than agreed. The car is in immaculate condition (just 1 or 2 stone...
  3. S

Error: start-stop system

I was presented with this error. A turn off and on again approach didn't resolve the issue but the stop-start did begin working again a bit later. Any ideas?
  4. S

Infotainment system won't turn on

When I turn my car off, I don't turn off the infotainment system on, so that it starts up immediately when I turn the ignition on again. However yesterday, when I started my car up, I was surprised just to see the clock on the display. I thought nothing of it and simply pressed the on button...
  5. S

Can I reject my car?

I bought my Golf 1.4 TSI DSG SE new in September 2014. After a few months, it developed a screech when changing gears (usually between 1st/2nd and 2nd/3rd). The problem only manifested itself when the car was fully up to temperature, and the right level of throttle was applied. It was...
  6. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I took my car to the dealers today to have the DSG gearbox replaced under warranty. Fingers crossed that resolves the noise when changing between 2nd and 3rd.
  7. S

DSG hum?

I've owned my car (1.4 TSI 125bhp, 7 speed DSG) from new and it has 9,000 miles on the clock. I've noticed recently that when the car is warmed up that there is hum (that's the best way to describe it) when the car changes up from 2nd to 3rd, but only when driving 'normally'. If I drive very...
  8. S

Delivery 1st September!!

A week late, but here's my car after a wash and an application of Meguiars Synthetic Sealant 2.0 using my DA polisher. The car had the Autoglym treatment (it was free so I took it), but I wanted to give it the Meguiars treatment as I think it's much more durable. It's a 1.4 TSI DSG SE in...