GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

DSG Microswitch Part Number

It's available as a swappable part i.e. separate from the gear selector mechanism.
  2. L

Apparently, the switch tells the ECU whether or not the gear selector is in position P or not. Every few years, it fails and a message telling the driver to only leave the vehicle when the selector is in position P appears on the instrument cluster. My car is showing this warning intermittently...
  3. L

My car is intermittently showing me the dreaded "Error: workshop! Leave vehicle only when selector lever is in position P" message upon startup and I know that the solution is to replace the microswitch under the gaiter. Can anyone confirm whether the part number for the black switch is...
  4. L

Replacing wing mirror glass

My wing mirror glass fell off. Is it possible to order the glass separately from the black plastic backing plate or do they come as one part? Would I need some special glue to stick the mirror to the plate?
  5. L

DSG - Drive to Park

I'm quite sure that my car's engine used to switch off automatically when changing from D to P however it isn't doing that now. Is my memory failing me or are there some conditions which must be met for this to happen? Edit: I just realised I posted this question in the wrong branch. My car has...
  6. L

Windscreen washer water delivery delay

I am experiencing a short delay between pulling the wipers stalk and the pump starting and another short delay between the pump starting and the water being sprayed onto the fromt windscreen. This is sometimes leading to the wipers moving across the windscreen before it has been sprayed with...
  7. L

knocking sound when braking

Is it normal for the car to make a knocking sound from the rear under heavy braking (even at very low speed)? I find it strange especially since the car is only a week old. Could this noise be related to the infamous rear suspension noise that plagues this model?
  8. L

Seat Cushion

Has anyone got something similar to this? http://tiny.cc/vsj4vx I haven't found one that will cover the whole seat back (60cm). Longest I found is 50cm. Would appreciate any recommendations on bigger ones.
  9. L

Scuff on carbon fibre strip

Took delivery of my 1.4 TSi today and am very pleased so far. It's way more refined than the 1996 civic it replaced :) Got one minor niggle....the carbon fibre strip on the dash has a scuff across half of it. Not very noticeable but I'd like to try and get rid of it. Any suggestions?
  10. L

1.4 TSi 122 DSG Running In

Does the manual provide any guidelines for running in this engine? Any particular rpm/speed limits and for how long? Will be getting the car next week so I don't have the manual yet.
  11. L

How is your DSG7 dry clutch holding up?

Is this gear box proving to be reliable in the MK7? I know it was notoriously unreliable in older models and am hoping it improved as I have one on order. Anyone had any issues yet?
  12. L

Electric folding mirrors

Do these get damaged if they are folded manually?
  13. L

Golf vs Mazda 3

Have any of you contemplated getting a Mazda 3 (current model) before choosing the Golf? I'm in the process of choosing between a Golf 1.4 122 PS DSG & a Mazda 3 2.0 120 PS auto. The Mazda is £2k cheaper than the Golf & has bi xenon lights, leather seats & keyless entry as standard. The Golf is...
  14. L

7 Speed DSG - Fine now?

Is it safe to say that VW have completely solved the serious 7 speed DSG problems by filling the transmissions with mineral oil or is it still too early to be sure?