GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Coolant change

Evening all. Have just booked my mk7 1.4 tsi in for a major service at 90000 miles after 4 years. I asked whether the coolant should be changed and was told that it’s not Necessary as the system is sealed for life and Vw have not included a coolant change in the service schedule What’s...
  2. W

Bye bye Golf

Afternoon all. After just over 4 years and 88500 miles the golf is being replaced with a Tiguan 2lt tdi dsg sel indium grey. So if anyone is interested in my golf just private message me. Am uk based.
  3. W

Dsg maintenance

Read the following on a Skoda website and am now wondering if it will include Golfs? 28-1-2017: Since the DSG recall to replace synthetic oil with mineral in 7-speed dry clutch 'non maintenance' DSGs, a maintenance regime of an oil change every 40,000 miles has been imposed.
  4. W

Leaking suspension

Afternoon all. I took my mk7 golf in for a service today and was presented with some advisorys, the car is just under 3 years old with 58500 miles on the clock all done by me. Front brake pads 85% worn. Not a problem easily sorted and expected. Both front shock absorbers leaking and one rear...
  5. W

Owners manual

Driving back from the Lake District this weekend my wife took a stint behind the steering wheel, I had the oil temperature displayed on the centre console. She then asked how you get the mpg showing again. Following on from that conversation it appears she has never read the manual for this car...
  6. W

Is it only me?

Does anyone else enjoy driving the car more having just had the oil and filter changed? Put in Mobil 1 5/30 fully synthetic. Wife reckons there is something wrong with me
  7. W

20,000 mile update

Afternoon all 10 months on I have just gone over the 20,000 miles. It's a 1.4 Tsi Se DSG. Long term fuel consumption is 46.3 and the only niggle is that a couple of times Whilst in Eco mode the dsg has gone into neutral and left me without any drive, But a couple of quick flicks back on the...
  8. W

Permanent live cigarette sockets

Morning. Moved the fuse to the two upper slots and now have permanently live Cigarettesockets. Easy peasy.
  9. W

11000 mile review

Morning all After 11000 miles I am still impressed with the car. Only warranty work needed has been to replace a faulty indicator stalk as the front assist button on the end was not working. Long term fuel consumption is 43/44 mpg and have only needed to top up The engine oil once with about a...
  10. W

First long trip.

Afternoon all Have just returned from a 1750 mile tour of the Scottish highlands over 8 days. My mk7 1.4 122 bhp tsi dsg was faultless. Motorways were done at 75/80 mph and the fuel consumption was 50.1 and nil oil burnt. Put the Dsg into sport mode and done the famous Bealach na ba mountain...
  11. W

EPB

Morning all Have just read on the Honest John website about a Golf mk7 suffering the Failure of the Epb whilst parked on a hill causing some damage to the golf. Advice is to leave in gear when parked on a hill. As my golf is a dsg does putting the the car in park hold the car in place while...
  12. W

Brake/tail light

Morning Having purchased and fitted a new rear light assembly to replace the one damaged by a falling tree branch. I removed the bulbs from the old assembly to keep as spares and was surprised To see the tail/brake light bulb only has a single filament. In the the past I have only ever seen...
  13. W

Broken rear light

Morning all. Whilst out for the day on bank holiday Monday I had a tree branch fall and bounce on the roof of the car while parked. It's put a slight dent on the roof, but also smashed the rear light, the outside light not the one that goes up with the tailgate. Anyone fitted one of these or is...
  14. W

Kerb damage

Morning. I managed to kerb one of my alloys yesterday,I now have a nasty scrape a bit bigger than a thumbnail. Double duck it. Anyone recommend a good alloy wheel repairer in the herts area. Thanks
  15. W

3500 mile update

Morning all. 3500 miles and all good. No smearing wipers or rattles anywhere. Only issue is I sometimes get a warning on the Mfd about a faulty driver assist button. I think it's the one on the end of the indicator stalk as when the warning is displayed you cannot select front assist via the...
  16. W

New car experience

Afternoon all. Just a short review of my new mk7 golf. I ordered it on the 27th dec and picked it up on the 8th march. It's a 1.4 tsi 122 bhp, 5door with dsg,front fogs,rear seat airbags,Perth alloys,full colour mfd, mirror pack in limestone grey. First impressions are very very quiet and...
  17. W

8th March

Evening. Been to the stealers today and confirmed my pickup date for the Golf is 8th march. While there I chose my reg number and was handed a owners manual to keep. Something to do in bed now. The next three weeks are going to drag.
  18. W

Golf on way

Morning Have just been informed by the dealer that my Golf 1.4 tsi 122 bhp 5 door dsg in limestone grey has just left the Mosel factory. Any difference in quality of cars between Mosel and Wolfsburg built cars? Looking at the 2nd week of March for pick up. YIPPEE. PS. When I read some of the...
  19. W

Door protectors

Happy new year all. Have a golf 1.4 tsi dsg on order for march 14, But would like to fit some door proctectors to prevent someone opening there car door into mine. Can't find any official Volkswagen ones, anyone know of some decent ones available? Thanks
  20. W

Dsg servicing

Have got a golf 1.4 tsi dsg on order for march 14 delivery. What maintanence is required for the dsg? Is there a dsg oil change and is there a seperate gearbox oil. Am a bit confused, not difficult nowadays.