GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Gokf GTD - Better fuel economy

My GTD just pipped 2,000 miles on the clock and fuel economy seems to gas gone up 5+ mpg around town and a few A roads. Now sitting at 45-47mog in Sport Mode. RESULT!!!!
  2. D

General thoughts on GTI with Performance Pack

Looking at changing my GTD for the above. Are people seeing the benefits of the PP? I've found traction an issue on the old GTD from a standing start!
  3. D

SQUEAKY CV BOOT!

1600 miles in and my OS CV boot (that's with the technician had said) squeaks all the time. Anyone else had this issue?
  4. D

Album Artwork Display (from SD card)

By chance I have one album that is displaying the artwork, however the others are not. Looking at the individual files in iTunes and in the folders on my mac, all the albums have the artwork icon with each track file??? Also, and I think this a 'mac thing', the display shows alias files on...
  5. D

Golf R DRL's - is it possible

Looking at my recently collected GTD today I've noticed the DRL element seems to be present on the inner (full beam) light. Is it possible to connect this element to have the new Golf R duel DRL's I've seem in the press shots??? Car back at the dealers tomorrow, so I'll ask there too.
  6. D

Black GTD has arrived!!!!

Collected my GTD on Friday after many months of waiting, but it was worth it.
  7. D

The happy couple!!!!!!!!!

I finally collected my GTD on Friday after a long 5 month wait. Being a ex-BMW owner (last three cars) I did have my wobbles during the wait as there were BMW 1/3 series a plenty at my local dealer, however I stuck to my guns (plus my dealer VW dealer was fantastic) and it was so worth it...
  8. D

Clunky Infotainment System - is it just me?

I am lucky to have a loan Mk7 whilst my GTD in being built. It's given me 'real world' experience of what's good and not so good about the new Mk7. My biggest disappointment is the Infotainment system. The majority of the menus can't be used with the right-hand button (unlike my outgoing BMW)...
  9. D

Park Assist

Car ordered but thinking of adding Park Assist. Your thoughts please? Thanks
  10. D

Finally seen a picture of a black GTD!!!

I was looking around the VW used cars section of their website and I have now finally seen a black GTD that Wrexham VW are selling. Not gone for the 19's, but overall happy that I've made a good choice. http://www.wrexhamvw.co.uk/vehicles-for-sale/vehicle-information.aspx?vehicle_id=24860
  11. D

ACC – Top Gear Review

Did anyone see the Top Gear news last week? They took a GTi around their track in Sports and Normal mode and their was no difference in time. In fact, they shaved a tenth of a second off in 'Comfort' mode!!! Nearly ticked that option. Glad I didn't – £800 saved!!!!!
  12. D

Track My Order – Slight concern!!!!!

I finally got 'Track My Order' working on the old Mac ;-) Its say that my order is being processed (and I should hope so as it was ordered in May!!!!!!) Slightly concerning was the data box where I has the colour / upholstery of your order! Colour is fine, upholstery is 'Titan Black' from a...
  13. D

Order number problems

Received my order number and link to VW where you can type in and see where your car build is up too. Using Safari on a Mac and doesn't seem to Work. Doesn't seem to work. Has anyone had similar problems?
  14. D

New GTD Ordered

Hello everyone. First post... Black GTD ordered with Dynaudio Pack and Nav. Can't wait for my wife's Up Black to have a big brother. Took a GTI for a test drive last week. 22mpg have confirmed that GTD was the right choice. Was a little worried when the GTI did't have the old radar camera...