GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Thoughts on using carbon fiber?

I was thinking about using carbon fiber ( you can buy it in sheets) to strengthen the plastic surrounding the sun roof. Has anyone tried this?
  2. A

I need to know the bolt length for the lower front hinge

I have a 5 door mk7 2015and due to an accident the body shop put a used door on the front driver side. It is now sagging so I think they put the wrong bolt in when they put the car together. The picture is of the lower hinge
  3. A

New scan tool

Has anyone tried this scan tool? XTOOL D7 Bidirectional Scan Tool I have a VCDS but the roommate has a Toyota car so I was just looking for a tool that possibly would work for both a VW and Toyota
  4. A

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

So I upgraded my 2015 GTI autobahn to the MIB2.5 with the 9” screen for Apple CarPlay When I go into CarPlay it shows things like dominoes pizza How do I remove that app and add other apps like Waze?
  5. A

VAG-COM setting for mib2

My mistake it is a mib 2.5. So what setting in vag-com am I changing for it to work?
  6. A

VAG-COM setting for mib2

I have a 2015 GTI Autobahn and up grading to a mb2 with the 9.2 “ screen a was wondering what settings I need to change. The car has a fender audio system in it with a backup camera
  7. A

When to do the timing chain

I guess you’re just trying to keep this thread active. Lol Chain tensioner and guides are cheaper than a new motor or car 🙄
  8. A

When to do the timing chain

I have a 2015 GTI stock, and I scanned it for the measurement of the chain stretch which reads 2.75. How soon should I expect to put a new chain in? I don’t remember what the number would be before I have chain issues. All I remember is 4 or more is bad.
  9. A

What is the quality of Moog suspension parts

I was wondering what the quality of the parts from Moog suspension. Does anyone have any experience with this company?
  10. A

VW recall TPMS

Looks like a recall for 2021 and 2020 cars
  11. A

Which is the best MagSafe for a GTI mk7

I finally got a phone with MagSafe and I’m looking for the best option. I’m worried about the type that attaches to the vents they seem very easy to break.
  12. A

Best MagSafe for my GTI

I finally got a phone with MagSafe and I’m looking for the best option. I’m worried about the type that attaches to the vents they seem very easy to break. What are the best options for me.
  13. A

ECS tuning Rear subframe brace and 25mm Sway bar with moog endlinks

Looks good, I wonder if the subframe brace would help stop the sunroof frame from cracking? Would It stop the body flex which I think causes the cracks in the plastic.
  14. A

headliner removal???

This is for a mk7
  15. A

Adjusting Parking (emergency) brake

Here is a video on it
  16. A

Door Locking/Unlocking while driving issue

Quick question, on the mk6 you had to take the door skin off to get to the door switch. On the mk7 I don’t see the holes for the bolts to take the skin off on this generation. Does anyone know how to access the door mechanism on the mk7 ?
  17. A

MQB crash test

This is an interesting video about the MQB platform
  18. A

Air vent flap regulator

This should give you an idea
  19. A

E15 gas ?? And the GTI

What I wondered about is how much water it will absorb being in FL and the humidity is 100% most of the time