GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

US Wheel Adapters 6mm 73.1mm->57.1mm Hub Centric 5x112 adapters and conical seat bolt

US Wheel Adapters 6mm 73.1mm->57.1mm Hub Centric 5x112 adapters and conical seat bolt I had an unfortunate fitment mishap with some wheels that were intended to clear my brakes with spacers, and am super sensitive to wobble, so I had a set of custom spacer adapters made to bolt them up...
  2. M

US Wheel Adapters Spacer/Adapters

I've got a set of 17" winter wheels on the way that'll clear my Brembos finally, but only with 6mm spacers. As many know, spacers that size are problematic on VWs because of the hub depth and need for proper hub centricity, which can lead to vibrations. Anyways, I found a company in the US that...
  3. M

Anyone else in the US running 504.00

I rolled 15k on my 2018, so I did my half interval change today. I had a hard time getting a hold of it locally (no local parts stores here seem to Cary it), but I picked up Castrol LL03 and used that for my change. The sticker on my car says 502.00/504.00, and 504 is definitely a more robust...
  4. M

FS: OEM 19x8 Englishtowns (Northeast OH)

I moved to lightweight 18s and have no use for my stock 19s anymore. They have approximately 5000mi on them, and have good condition stock 235/35R19 ContiSportContact 5P tires. No curb rash, dings, bends, etc. They've never seen winter weather. $850 OBO local pickup within 25mi of 44202. --Matt
  5. M

Rain sensing wipers sometimes just intermittent?

I've had my '18 R since June and have found, a dozen or so times so far, situations where my rain sensing wipers have begun to operate as simple intermittent wipers (don't stop when dry and operate on a fixed interval corresponding with the slider). There are no warning signs (dummy lights...
  6. M

Can I expect my MK7.5 to have ACC/front assist issues all winter?

I'm sure getting tire of seeing this and losing cruise control functionality. It's not convenient to have to pull over and wipe the dumb sensor off whenever I drive in slushy weather, and the number of dummy lights is a bit excessive. I don't like ACC to begin with, but this is a whole new...
  7. M

Help me decide X-Ice XI3, Altimax Arctic 12, or Hakkapeliitta R2

Need to get tires for my R. I've got Portos on the way, and am planning to run 215/50R17 in whichever tire I go with. I've either had or regularly driven these all in some form or another, thus the tough decision :) Michelin X-Ice Xi3 These are definitely the lowest compromise when the...
  8. M

OEM 17" wheels that clear PP/R calipers

Hey all, I've done aftermarket wheels for winter enough times to know that they rarely hold up anywhere near as well as OE wheels against corrosive ice prevention chemicals or potholes, so I'm looking for some 17" VW wheels that will definitely fit my R. I don't see a comprehensive list...
  9. M

DQ381 Hard 2-3 shift?

Hey all, I've got a 2018, with about 1400 miles. I've noticed that, intermittently, shifts to third from second seem a bit harder than any others. Fourth to third doesn't seem affected, neither does any other. The rough shifts seem to occur when RPMs are within a certain range when the shift is...