GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. AdamSheikh

Intercooler recommendation

Agree with Diggs - any aftermarket IC will be an upgrade over stock. The R one is slightly larger, but minimally so and not worth using. I'm running a Wagner on my IS38 GTI and it's been great, even through the dead of summer here in FL.
  2. AdamSheikh

Engine Shaking significantly on ignition and then a continuous shake on idle

You likely need new engine and transmission mounts. The stock ones are quite soft and get worn over time. I'm sure the added torque from being a TDI doesn't help with their longevity either.
  3. AdamSheikh

Excessive Dry Noise over Bumps

When in doubt, replace your strut mounts/bearings. These cars eat them up, especially if you're lowered.
  4. AdamSheikh

Suction Pump Seal Recall

Same. I've had that shifter trim recall open on my car for years now. Haven't had it at the dealer for anything in a long while, but they always used to ask me if I wanted it done even though the trim on mine is still perfect nearly 10 years later 🤷‍♂️
  5. AdamSheikh

Golf R 7 headlight bulbs replacement

I could've sworn I got mine from TRS, but I just checked my old emails and sure enough, I used HID Concepts too. (Btw, the quoted 7000K color is pure marketing - the actual bulbs are much closer to 5500-6000K). I ran CBI before switching to CBB - they're a good option as well, but a touch...
  6. AdamSheikh

Suction Pump Seal Recall

It's showing for my VIN as well (2015 GTI built very early in March of 2014). Already dealt with this issue twice: first in 2015 when they replaced the entire fuel tank and charcoal canister, and again in 2022 when they replaced the suction pump, charcoal canister, and N80 valve under the 15...
  7. AdamSheikh

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Same. OBD11 is great from a convenience/emergency standpoint but I really dislike the subscription/credits model (though VCDS will likely be moving in this direction once it starts to work with SFD unlocking etc). That said, I still have my unlimited VIN cable and need to pick up a cheap/small...
  8. AdamSheikh

Osram headlight turn signal flickering

Ah, understood - that makes total sense.
  9. AdamSheikh

Osram headlight turn signal flickering

Is it possible you need to change the bulb type to LED in VCDS/OBD11, even though they are plug and play?
  10. AdamSheikh

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Yep. It's happened to my car twice - both times were accidents and covered by the shop, but come on lol.
  11. AdamSheikh

Window tint 3M Ceramic IR 50% all around

I personally would stick to the lightest film for the windshield, typically 70%. I was skeptical about it since I'd never had film on my windshield, but I'm a believer now. It's as good as invisible but helps to reject a ton of heat. The car stays cooler overall and cools down much faster...
  12. AdamSheikh

Ceramic tint doesn't affect cell signal at all. Metalized tint is what interferes with signal, but any reputable/high quality film these days will be ceramic.
  13. AdamSheikh

Not 50%, nor 3M, nor a Mk7 lol, but here's Xpel XR Plus 30% all around. Also went with 70% on the windshield fwiw. Just dark enough to eliminate the fish bowl effect, but not entirely blacked out either. Heat rejection is incredible.
  14. AdamSheikh

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Those lights should polish up real nice - been meaning to do mine. I'd recommend applying PPF before installing them to keep them nice for much longer.
  15. AdamSheikh

*sold*

Screaming deal imo. GLWS.
  16. AdamSheikh

Water Pump/Thermostat Housing without Removing Intake Manifold

Humble Mechanic put out a new video for Mk7 water pump work. Just take the manifold off to be thorough. Worth a watch:
  17. AdamSheikh

Stumbling start (intermittently, so that's fun [still not fixed, apparently])?

Yes, but they have been known to fail again (ask me how I know). That said, you would probably have a stumbling idle and trouble fueling up if the issue was suction pump related. Have you noticed if the issue is more or less prevalent depending on your fuel level?
  18. AdamSheikh

Yeah, that evap code could be related here - N80 purge valve and/or PCV are known to fail and easy to change.
  19. AdamSheikh

There's only small a handful of battery manufacturers/factories here in the states so there's a ton of white labeling that goes on. Sounds like a solid deal with a good warranty - I'd go with that one.