GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Will different tread depths front vs rear harm AWD system on an R

I have the same issue now with both my summer and winter tires - 3 good tires with about half their tread left, 1 that is trashed. Replaced the trashed summer tire in kind now have one new and 3 middle aged, I understand this is not ideal. The question is whether running two new tires of the...
  2. P

Tail and backup light puzzle

My ‘17 Rs lighting is acting odd. Both tailgate parking lights are out, plus the passenger backup light. The bulbs are all new, I cleaned the contacts on the bad backup light and have continuity between them on the lamp holder with a new bulb. The owners manual doesn’t ID a fuse that would...
  3. P

Tail and backup light puzzle

My ‘17 Rs lighting is acting odd. Both tailgate parking lights are out, plus the passenger backup light. The bulbs are all new, I cleaned the contacts on the bad backup light and have continuity between them on the lamp holder with a new bulb. The owners manual doesn’t ID a fuse that would...
  4. P

Hi-torque APR Stage 1 in the snow belt

Considering a tune, have a switchable tune on my MK6 GTI that I de-tune when heavy snow hits. I run snows on that car. My new to me R has 4 snows, and obviously the AWD is an asset. Does anyone have experience to report on hi-torque tunes, given that the new tunes from a APR can not be...