GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by wiredbean

1. W

body shop in nyc

Wondering if anyone recommends a good body shop in NYC or if the dealer is to be trusted in Manhattan (they do terrible washes!) I have minor dents from parking on the street I want to take care of, nothing major. I searched the forum with luck so please forgive me if this has been discussed...
  2. W

What did you do to your mk7 today?

i found this soooo helpful for interior windows, it worked :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axI5Luw0Eos
  3. W

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Installed folding mirrors! Thanks to you guys for all the info and tips, would never have thought I could do it! and I've changed my oil, so easy! feel silly for not ever doing it myself before! lotsa obdeleven adjustments too. you make this purchase so much more than just buying a fun car...
  4. W

Are you happy with your folding mirrors?

Wondering how your folding mirrors are holding up and who you bought them from? I dont mind paying a little more if the mirrors are better quality, but maybe aliexpress' mirrors are just as good or same? I like that they come with the blind spot mirror (non tinted) and puddle lights too...
  5. W

EPC light on, car stops completely

Hello, Forgive me if this is covered already, I've searched and searched with no luck. A friend has bought a new 2017 GTI with not even 100miles and the car's epc light came on and car completely stopped. Car was not being driven hard in any way. I've read so many different reasons this can...
  6. W

WTB: stock Austins for MK7 in or near NYC

Searching for austins in great shape, I hit a pothole :( Need 1 but think I would like to keep some on the side so dont mind buying a set. Hopefully I will never need them! cringe. Open to have them shipped but prefer to pick up if at all possible. Thanks!
  7. W

Self serve car wash in NYC?

Hello, Im new here and loving this forum heaps! I just purchased my new gti a month ago and am looking for a car wash in NYC. I usually wash my car when I go to our place in the catskills, but I don't always get to get up there and the night blue is tough to keep clean! shows all the city...