GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Vrrm11

1. V

What year is the best value used mk7 now?

For mk7s, what year do you think is the best value for a used or CPO GTI now? There is a balance: the older you go, the less expensive, but the higher chance of more costly repairs. And 2018 has the longer warranty (which is priced in). I'm thinking a 2016 CPO might be a good balance...lots...
  2. V

Possible to rent a Golf or GTI?

I'm considering buying a Golf or GTI. Is there any way to rent one so I can drive it for a few days or a week before I make a decision? Located in NJ. Thanks.
  3. V

How is the autonomous braking on Golfs?

The IIHS Safety rating for the Golf says that the front crash prevention rating is "Basic". And it notes "Autobrake not tested." Does low and high speed autonomous braking on VW's do anything? Anyone have experience with it...
  4. V

Options for adding aftermarket forward collision alert?

I see some dashcams have this. Are they just toys? On the high end I hear Mobileye mentioned a lot. Any experiences or recommendations?
  5. V

JB1 on 87 octane?

Does anyone know roughly what hp/tq gains would be expected over stock with a JB1 on a Golf 1.8 running 87 octane?
  6. V

How long does it take to remove jb1/jb4?

I'm paranoid about my warranty so I would be taking it off for dealer visits. The car would be a gti or tsi 1.8 (currently deciding). How many minutes does it take to completely remove it for a non-mechanically inclined person? Is a jb1 easier than a jb4? Many thanks.
  7. V

When to expect used 2018s in market ?

I know it's early, but curious when we might start to see used or CPO 2018s on the market? I like the 6yr/72k warranty but hate the depreciation on a new car.
  8. V

How are VW's CPO and extended warranties?

I'd love a 2018 GTI with the new longer warranty but I'm not sure I can swing it. I'm considering a CPO 2016 or 2017 instead but I'm concerned about VW reliability. Any thoughts on the CPO warranty and maybe even buying an extended warranty?
  9. V

2018 GTI pricing

Anybody have any guesses on what the MSRP will be when they come out, and more importantly, what they might actually sell for? Keep in mind the 2018s will have the new, longer warranty. I think 2018 trims are limited to just S, SE, and AB.