GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TheSkeptic

1. TheSkeptic

USB C cable

A better solution to keep the cubby (mostly) freed + have your phone in a usable and sensible place is to invest in a ProClip mount. In our cars, the mount location is primo. Granted, this does nothing to get rid of the cable, but if you don't cheap out and just get a short one then it's not a...
  2. TheSkeptic

OBDELEVEN

Dumb question time, because I feel like the way they lay out their website, the app, and their advertising it's...confusing: If I have a legacy OBDEleven device that still works and I still use, but I want to update to the new gen device - do I have to re-pay for the Pro plan if I already bought...
  3. TheSkeptic

Keep radio on after turning ignition off

It can't be done. As was pointed out in post #16, even if you use coding to force power to remain on after ignition shut off, you still have to manually power it off every time. As for post #27, that's not a solution for an uninterrupted audio. Just swap out for MIB2 and you'll never look back.
  4. TheSkeptic

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Bump - I'm willing to get pummeled for this, so long as there's an answer sandwiched in there somewhere.
  5. TheSkeptic

It feels silly to ask this, but I'm curious how others with identical model and at least similar - if not identical - tune respond: What is your shifting pattern for your MT? Not interested in how GTI drivers shift, because I've owned both the GTI and R now, and - especially when tuned - while...
  6. TheSkeptic

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

This looks sick! Where did you source it, and what was the part number?
  7. TheSkeptic

*SOLD* x2 Klii Motorwerkes GTI Plaid License Plate Frame

Sorry for not responding earlier. Sold these shortly after my bump, elsewhere.
  8. TheSkeptic

I hate to be a pest, but...bump.
  9. TheSkeptic

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Would anyone suggest/avoid this seller?
  10. TheSkeptic

I need some help. I've purchased these before, when I had my '15 GTI, and for whatever reason it wasn't an issue at all... On the R, however, they're not staying fully adhered. Do I buy a spray adhesive? Is there a better and safer alternative? As you can (hopefully) tell, it's really just the...
  11. TheSkeptic

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Yes, I got the idea from an Instagram acquaintance, and he wasn't willing to really give much in the way of detail. I managed to find a seller on eBay for the emblems. They come with the colored insert (red is MUCH easier to come by than blue). Literally only one seller, out of Australia. Almost...
  12. TheSkeptic

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

I haven't posted in this thread for quite a while, but lots of cosmetic mods over the last several months. -Head and tail light tint -Airbag light vinyl cover -Fun Mario Kart dummy button covers -Blue Start ring -Custom front and rear emblems w/ blue accent and carbon fiber backing (so in love...
  13. TheSkeptic

*SOLD* x2 Klii Motorwerkes GTI Plaid License Plate Frame

Bump. Price reduced to $40.