GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by The Fed

1. The Fed

Aftermarket heads?

I wouldn't want to use it as a daily driver. :)
  2. The Fed

CAI question

I'd go for the intercooler upgrade if it's hot and humid there. I believe APR still makes one that fits in the stock location. I get heat soak on the stock tune in the summer. You're doing a good amount of extra compression of the air, and I don't see how an intake will benefit more than an...
  3. The Fed

Carbon Cleaning before tuning???

Three misfires is nothing. Buy your own VCDS for $199 and log misfires using Advanced Measuring Values while you're driving. Sound like he's trying to make money.
  4. The Fed

Thanks For The Memories

Sorry to see you go, tell me you got the 6-cylinder. :)
  5. The Fed

Any Update on the Replacement for 3g Car-net

https://www.androidpolice.com/galaxy-s24-car-crash-detection/#:~:text=Google%E2%80%99s%20Pixel%20phones%20since%20the%20Pixel%204%20and,series%20and%20Galaxy%20Z%20Fold%205%20currently%20can%E2%80%99t.
  6. The Fed

Windshield Replacement: OEM or Aftermarket?

I had the windshield replaced on my MK5 with OEM glass, because I talked to the used car manager at the dealer who valued it in trade. If you ever watch them appraise a car, you'll see them look for mismatched panel fit and color, and on certain areas where they usually tape off panels, running...
  7. The Fed

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Anyone fire an American Arms short-barrel .22LR? I'm try to decide whether I want the folding grip.
  8. The Fed

Piano black interior trim part number list

I have a 2016 R, and all of the black parts are glossy. I wish they were all dull or carbon, just so they would be easier and faster to clean. Don't ever sneeze on them. Or wipe with a dry cloth. I only use a duster and a damp microfiber cloth to remove spots.
  9. The Fed

CAI question

If you're in one of the hot areas in Texas, I think your money would be better spent on an intercooler. As I recall, the stock intake still won't be the restricting factor. what's the advertised numbers for your tune?
  10. The Fed

2015 MK7 Golf R - Intermittent "Error: Service Vehicle. Only leave vehicle in P position!" & "Fault: Windshield wipers"

Perhaps the steering wheel module or wiring problem. Aside from the wipers and turns, anything else not working? Both of them are on stalks.
  11. The Fed

Very sensitive break pedal

Interesting. I thought it was only for the feature that provides full braking power if you press the brake pedal fast and firmly. I once activated it on my MK5 when I thought I would needed to panic stop. I had the aforementioned MK5 for a number of years. I liked the sensitive brakes...
  12. The Fed

2019 VW Golf R Lost of Power a lower RPM

I had a '91 Mazda turbo. The trans' control module failed and the car stopped moving. Had it towed to the dealer. They relaced the trans under warranty. I picked up my wife from work and was on the way home, when I heard a loud bang then a whoosh. Like on your car, they didn't tighten one...
  13. The Fed

CAI question

What tune do you have? If you're stock, you're just paying hundreds of dollars for noise. It doesn't matter what they flow, it's how much flow the engine needs.
  14. The Fed

Very sensitive break pedal

Very sensitive, I believe it's from a generous amount hydraulic assist. I like it. Try driving a 60's Chevy with no power brakes then say it's too sensitive.
  15. The Fed

GTI DSG Service Issue - Please Help

I'd take to someone who at least has VCDS and knows how to use it.