GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by sukeyes

1. S

Brembo OEM+ brake setup

Way too defensive?? me?? not a chance... You're feeling so sure about my way of thinking so you can express your opinion about me?? No time for silly arguments here mate... YOU have referred to alloy bracket failures... like it's a common case! Now... that was a really misleading...
  2. S

Brembo OEM+ brake setup

So... to your opinion, the fact you need to unbolt and torque down 2 bolts per side, when time comes to change brake pads... is by far more important than stiffness achieved by this Brembo specific bridge!!! Also, the MEB disc weighs ~as OEM 340... and this kit comes as a bolt on setup...
  3. S

Brembo OEM+ brake setup

The fact that VBT had failures -for uknown reason- means that any caliper bracket is supposedly candidate to break?!? A bracket can fail because of multiple reasons... "weak" design on critical structural points, material fatigue, overtightening etc. We manufacture brake parts for more than 7...
  4. S

Brembo OEM+ brake setup

Congrats on the fair comparison... but this setup remains significantly lower despite the high tensile M12 bolts!! ;)
  5. S

Brembo OEM+ brake setup

Something like that I guess...
  6. S

Brembo OEM+ brake setup

The above photos are wrong... these are the rear calipers from the Giulia Quadrifoglio🍀🍀 The front 4pots look similar... but they are significantly beefier...
  7. S

Brembo OEM+ brake setup

Yeah right... the part numbers seem to be the correct ones, and I can confirm the equal size of pistons (both 40mm dia) 👍 Also, pad replacement requires unbolting from the brackets to insert the new pads... https://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/Alfa_Giulia_2.0_front_brake_pads_discs_replacement.shtml
  8. S

Brembo OEM+ brake setup

Let Let's start with the Brembo caliper... 1. Relatively compact and lightweight design (2919grams) 2. Increased stiffness due to the GT specific bridge design 3. Accomodates the most common pad shape among other sportcars Regarding the MEB rotors... 1. OEM fitment 2. Increased dimensions...
  9. S

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

As declared, they're made to accomodate a low annulus -52mm- pad... compared to the OEM D62 pad depth... Eventually, you can go with rear axle pad shape which comes in D51-52 pad depth... https://www.pagidracing.com/en/product-search/race-products/racing-brake-pads/shape-detail/s/shape-1287.html
  10. S

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

The MEB rotor is obviously an OEM fitment choice... but the Camaro one with its huge airgap, seems better when it comes to heavy braking loads... Ps. a pair of spigot rings brings the Camaro rotor to OEM spec
  11. S

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

As far as the offset is identical to the OEM rotor, machining a spigot ring and PCD redrilling is an easy task for any machine shop...
  12. S

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/informative-guide-on-possible-oem-front-brake-swaps-on-mqb-cars.433281/post-8032191
  13. S

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Bit of misundertanding here I guess... I assumed you were asking on the OEM 340/345 setup paired with the above mentioned TT RS Brembo 4pot's... The new entry OEM plug'n'play rotor, with increased diameter, derived from ID.4, ID.5, Enyaq MEB platform. As for the informational spirit of this...