GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Stripey

1. S

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Eh? So you think a) it's safe to drive with a broken arm and b) it's apparently safer to drive one handed than to get someone else to change gear?! Oh dear #onlyinamerica
  2. S

Who's got a GTE?

I may consider a GTE (dsg) for my next car, which I'll be due for a change around March 2017. There'll be others on the shortlist too but I don't know much about hybrids. I hear there is about a 9 month lead time on GTE's at the moment which is why I'm starting to look more into things. So...
  3. S

Heater stopped working - any ideas?

I have the standard air con and a few days ago during a fairly long journey the blowers went cool and turning the knob to full heat made no difference. A/c on or off, fans on low or high, directed at windscreen or feet makes no difference. There's no fault light on the screen. I've checked the...
  4. S

Uk Drivers: thoughts on the new vehicle excise duty bands?

So, seemingly much less incentive to get an Eco friendly (new) car after 2017!
  5. S

TrA in MFD. What does it mean?

Car just back from 38k service and TrA 80% has appeared on the screen (along with acc not working, but at least I know what that means, if not why it's not working!). Anyone seen this before and know what it means?
  6. S

The Bruce?

Good car, the Leon....you won't be disappointed!
  7. S

The Bruce?

I'm sure this guy will just come back under a different name, so the only loss to this forum will be his previous user name. And I'm sure he's reading these posts So knowing he has a fan club will entice him back!
  8. S

Exterior windscreen cleaning advice - gtechniq fans

I use gtechniq g5 on my Golf and it does a great job, keeps the water repellency for a long time, no problems. However, on our Seat Leon, I've cleaned the windscreen with soap, then G4, then applied G5 but it just doesn't seem to last, especially on the outer bits not touched by the wiper...
  9. S

Daytime Running Lights - Your Thoughts

What do you think of DRL's? Not Golf specific DRL's but just in general. Do they reduce or increase accidents - or make no difference? Are they a good or bad thing? Why have car manufacturers lobbied governments to change legislation in favour of making DRL's compulsory? Does the look or style...
  10. S

Stalled/cut out in traffic = no brakes!

On the motorway this morning, usual stop start traffic, my engine decided to turn itself off whilst I was still moving at about 5mph. This wasn't great being in a queue of traffic, surrounded on all sides as it meant the brakes didn't work. The car had put itself in neutral with the engine now...
  11. S

Golf road rage caught on camera!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7sLauJrkIFw&feature=youtu.be Come on then, own up.....who was it?!
  12. S

Brake pad not making full contact with disc?

Is this anything to worry about: There are 2 thin strips of rust on the disc (rear off side) where the pad isn't making contact with the disc. The strips are about 2mm wide so not a big % of the disc. Should I be bothered?!
  13. S

Worrying tyre wear

Following my previous post about the TPMS, I had the tyre changed today, expecting it to be a puncture. I was a little concerned to see what it actually was: In case you can't see, there was a thin strip stretching about half way around the tyre that had split/worn and the metal fibres were...
  14. S

Limestone

Not sure how well this will come out on here, but I attempted to take a close up of the paintwork to try and show how it glistens in the sun light with the tiny flecks of silver and gold. In case anyone can't decide whether to go for limestone or not! And then a bog standard pic from...
  15. S

Sat Nav auto zoom problem?

Does anyone else's sat nav zoom in automatically at turning points, even though autozoom is turned off in the menu? It also zooms in randomly when not actively following a route but just with the map on display. Ever since they updated some software this week (to solve a different problem) its...