GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SonicAaron

1. S

Is there a more annoying feeling post-wash?!?

You power hose your car. Snow foam. Wash. Dry. Then look on the bonnet from a certain light and angle and BOOM there is still bird residue. So you get out the autoglym intensive tar removal put it on and it STILL doesn't come off. So you're beautiful car is ruined and you might as well...
  2. S

VW ARTEON

Is it safe to assume this will be the face of the new Golf in 2019?
  3. S

Is the Golf GT dead?

Hey everyone, I have a Golf GT 7 as it's got lower suspension, but also had nice sport options bi-xenons but also a fast 150 PS Petrol engine. With the new Golf the GT is only diesel. Does anyone know why only low power golfs are now Petrol outside the GTI? I'm being forced to go to Honda...
  4. S

Where do you keep your microfibre cloths haha

Hey everyone. Bought a new set of microfibre cloths and a lambs wool mitt. Just wondering after you wash your car... then rinse the cloths in cold water to wash them. Surely when you leave them out to dry, dust and stuff will land on them then when you go to wash the car next time you scrape...
  5. S

Are the standard Bi-Xenon LED's as bright as lights get?

Hey everyone, With my GT (highline is believe it's called over in North America) I paid extra for Bi-Xenon headlights and LED day light running lights. Cost over £1000 but I think the Uu headlights really changed the front of the car. But I'm wondering are the LED's really as bright as you'd...
  6. S

The benefits of a detail?

Sorry for the cropped photo but it's much shinier in real life. Got it done today AND they completely did the inside too. Inside is practically brand new. Everything polished and glossy (it's a GT so has the gloss by black and carbon fibre looking stuff everywhere). So pleased!
  7. S

The benefits of a detail?

Hey everyone. My Golf GT has been neglected over the last few months so I've booked him in for his first ever detail next Saturday. Some think I'm mad paying £120 for a detail and say he'll just look like he's been washed but will get dirty within two days.... What are the advantages of a...
  8. S

Sat Nav randomly making journeys longer

Hey everyone. Recently drove to Donegal from Belfast and it's basically a motorway to one city. Then a motorway to another. Anywho one the way back having been learned from the journey there (through about ten small towns) I entered my home destination but ignored the sat nav and used the...
  9. S

Best Tyres For 18inch Durbans?

Hey everyone, Have just had my second service and so my tyres will most likely need replaced this year. Does anyone know the different tyres VW officially endorse for these wheels (ie which wheels they ship the durbans with?). Mine came with Continentals I think and they've always lacked...
  10. S

Birds.

Hey everyone, As you all know we wash and wax our cars. They look fab. We get up the next day and there is bird **** on the bonnet. Aside from hiring a private detective and sniper to get revenge on this bird what do you guys do? By the next day, there's already a super thin layer of dust on...
  11. S

Brakes screeching?

Hey everyone, If it's been wet and my car has been parked for a while, when I drive off my brakes will make a high pitched squeal.... If I brake it gets even louder. Does anyone else experience this or know what it could be? I had a service and it still does it. It's embarrassing. I was...
  12. S

Swirls aren't actually on the paint are they?

Hey everyone, Just looking for someone to put my mind at ease. I looked at my car today at a certain angle and I swear it looks like it has more swirls than a 1999 Ford Fiesta. I have that Lifeshine autoglym product that came with the car that they applied when I bought it - but I also wax...
  13. S

Clutch creak

Hey everyone. Is this normal? As I take my foot off the clutch. I get a creak. It annoys me lol but if it's normal I'll deal with it. :)
  14. S

iPhone 6S Media In questions.

Hey everyone. Gone back to iPhone and plugged it in via the media in port to the Lightning connector and was hoping you could answer me two small questions. 1) Can you stop the car playing the first track in your library automatically when you connect your phone. In my case it's Absolute...