GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by somerset9

1. S

Anyone in the 150k+ miles club?

Looking at a few local Golf TSI (not GTI) with the Aisin 6 speed automatic... thankfully the higher mileage ones have all had the fluid flushed out so I'm not too worried about the transmission... frequent oil changes as well. I'm wondering if anyone has a Golf with 150k+ miles and how that...
  2. S

Short-throw ignition switch

Also the NC. I'm not saying my right leg had a lot of room, but it felt like my right and left legs were equally cramped. In the mk7 it felt like my right leg was as close to the center console as it was in the NC Miata but with the driver's side door out by a country mile.
  3. S

It just feels almost like the seat is off-center. I drove a Miata for a couple years and it was tight all around--the golf felt like I was just crammed against the right side when I first got in. I got used to it though at the end.
  4. S

Just test drove a mk7 Golf (one of those 24 hour dealership ones) and I was surprised that the car had a pretty short "throw" from the "On" position to "Ignition". All other cars I've driven it felt like I had to rotate the keys at least 45 degrees from the "On" position to get the tarter going...
  5. S

California GTI engine designation?

Ok, so sounds like they've gone with one engine code, CARB state or not. Thanks!
  6. S

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

WTB: mk7 GTI. Must have 3 pedals, no sunroof, all colors except red. Preferably minimally modded. DM me if you've got a lead.
  7. S

California GTI engine designation?

Interested in picking up a GTI eventually, but want to see if different states have different engine codes like they did for the mk6 (CBFA vs CCTA). Thanks
  8. S

Help me decide between 2012 and 2017 Sportwagens...

How does the steering feel on the highway between the 2012 Jetta and the 2017 GTI?
  9. S

The overly light steering is the only thing that is keeping me from going with the 2017 SportWagen honestly. I've had a car with overly light steering (2017 Mazda 3) and it drove me absolutely nuts, even though it was a better car to daily than the 2014 GTI that it replaced. It got traded in one...
  10. S

Hi, looking to get back into a vdub and narrowed it down to two choices-- 1. 2012 Jetta Sportwagen - 133k miles but under $5k, would have to get a PPI done. It's got the 2.5L engine which I am a big fan of and I'm pretty sure it'd drive like a slightly bigger version of my 2013 Golf and 2014 GTI...
  11. S

Mk7.5 front bumper redesign complaint

So I'm allowed to have opinions on cars that I own already?
  12. S

It's just my opinion, you don't have to like or dislike the crease. I just put this out there because I was curious how it would look like.
  13. S

In the market for a new car, and of course mk7/7.5 is on the shortlist. My only complaint about the mk7.5 is this stupid crease that they've designed on the front bumper. I've went and photoshopped away the crease on a few photos and I think it looks a ton better.
  14. S

Rant--reflector deletes/covers are the blank buttons of the exterior

I never said anything about people outside LA or that different cars should be made
  15. S

Rant--reflector deletes/covers are the blank buttons of the exterior

I guess that's a difference of opinion. If it's not a smooth surface like the front side markers, then it's so clear to me that there should be an amber/orange reflective strip and the contours throw off the whole look to me, color matched or reflective red. I see a few Audi and Porsche with...