GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Ron H

1. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

Seems like a good idea, pls ask VW CustomerServices...still waiting for a reply here from them after some time...
  2. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

OK, and so did you seal the lights in on putting back?
  3. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

did you remove lights? Seems makes it easier
  4. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

how did you get on with taking the bumper out? I got some PU based sealant, hope it goes OK with the rubber seals of the new vents... Need to do it at the weekend.
  5. R

Lots of water in the spare tire well

All trim out (not bumper yet), the vent compartments were wet though not overly full which is a bit confusing as the wheel well certainly was. Just wondering if this water can actually come through the vent flaps themselves, in very wet weather (we have had a lot) but will keep monitoring before...
  6. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

So are the new gaskets for the hatchback now rubber...or still foam? Will probably order a new set when I have got into those compartments.
  7. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

do you put seal on the foam gasket or around them?
  8. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

did you solve this??
  9. R

did you sort it??? about to start taking trim out here to investiagte
  10. R

you think the water come through the flaps rather than the seals...?? That makes things more complicated....
  11. R

where did you put the sound proofing? has the leak gone?
  12. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

good work Holmes. Hope you have passed this to VW!! I will probably be doing the vents soon...
  13. R

Drenched rear seat!!!

swimming pool here in boot. will quite poss go down this route when trim is off. may i ask did you keep the original foam gaskets or discard them prior to silicon sealing? i plan to use butyl rubber sealant.
  14. R

Water leak in boot

ok, at stage 1 here after finding my boot was a swimming pool; got wheel bay carpet out, and sopping back bench seat now slowly drying in kitchen. Not relishing getting bumper off. may I ask how to access the lights and vents from the inside, ie how to get all the trim and cloth lining away to...