GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by PlaidDad

1. P

WTB: Golf R. Low $20s or less. White or Blue. DSG. Mods & Higher Mileage OK.

Cabra - Drop me a PM or reply here if still in the market. I have a 2017 Lapiz Blue DSG WITH roughly 91k. Completely stock, should be ready to sell in a couple of weeks. Has DCC/NAV, could come with 4 Michelin X-Ice snows mounted on black Sparco Assetto Gara wheels.
  2. P

Will different tread depths front vs rear harm AWD system on an R

I have the same issue now with both my summer and winter tires - 3 good tires with about half their tread left, 1 that is trashed. Replaced the trashed summer tire in kind now have one new and 3 middle aged, I understand this is not ideal. The question is whether running two new tires of the...
  3. P

Tail and backup light puzzle

Thanks, will check the grounding. Bulbs are not LED, and I’ve confirmed they are in fact out. appreciate the feedback.
  4. P

Error messages on the individual bulbs that are out. No mods.
  5. P

My ‘17 Rs lighting is acting odd. Both tailgate parking lights are out, plus the passenger backup light. The bulbs are all new, I cleaned the contacts on the bad backup light and have continuity between them on the lamp holder with a new bulb. The owners manual doesn’t ID a fuse that would...
  6. P

My ‘17 Rs lighting is acting odd. Both tailgate parking lights are out, plus the passenger backup light. The bulbs are all new, I cleaned the contacts on the bad backup light and have continuity between them on the lamp holder with a new bulb. The owners manual doesn’t ID a fuse that would...
  7. P

Rear Sway Bar + Endlinks Inquiry

Trying do decide how stiff a rear bar to buy. My stock 17 DSG R is a DD, MAYBE 1-2 track days per year In non Covid times, no auto-x. It splits duty between MA and VT, both with plenty of windy roads for spirited but not crazy driving. The road quality in both states can be pretty bad, lots...
  8. P

Hi-torque APR Stage 1 in the snow belt

Considering a tune, have a switchable tune on my MK6 GTI that I de-tune when heavy snow hits. I run snows on that car. My new to me R has 4 snows, and obviously the AWD is an asset. Does anyone have experience to report on hi-torque tunes, given that the new tunes from a APR can not be...
  9. P

Should I buy an e30?

Small so not always seen by others. Hot in stop and go summer traffic. I compounded the latter by pulling the heat shield off my downpipe so it wouldn't conflict with my butterfly brace. Not as comfortable by far to the GTI. Takes me 15 minutes more each way my commute in miata cuz I take...
  10. P

Should I buy an e30?

I have both an NA Miata and a MK6 GTI. I vote for the Miata, with one qualification - they are NOT, IMHO, great cars for lots of heavy traffic freeway driving. That said, they are cheap to own, a hoot to drive,easy to maintain, and offer an endless array of chassis tune ning options. As a...
  11. P

Which car that you used to own do you miss the most?

For me, a Ruby Pearl '91 Nissan Sentra SER. Plain Jane exterior, two doors, roll-up windows, able to outrun 4 cylinder BMWs, out handled my 86 GTI, just perfectly balanced. cheap to buy, cheap to drive, huge grins. Too bad Nissan has lost its way...