GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by nitf1

1. N

Stealth HID instal into Helix housings

I purchased a set of the Helix style housings from Ed because I wanted the blue stripe and they were on closeout so I do not know if Ed's in house assemblies are molded the same so if anyone else can confirm I will update this post. For various reasons I needed this install to look completely...
  2. N

WTB: GTI Front Brakes (Non-PP)

Looking to upgrade the brakes on a TSI so based on previous posts I just need the caliper carriers and rotors. I can get the rotors pretty easily but the carriers are the hard part. If anyone has done an upgrade to their GTI and has thier non-PP brakes available for sale let me know.
  3. N

Adjust Speed Warning Volume?

I like having the speed warning set to remind me to slow down because the car is so smooth it is far too easy to be doing 80 and not notice. The issue is that in my MkV the "bong" sound to alert me was like a reminder to pay attention but the Mk7 is less pleasant and sounds almost...
  4. N

LTB: Stock GTI Downpipe and/or Exhaust

We have a new 1.8 TSI on order and it is way too quiet for her tastes so due to a combination of budget constraint and not looking to get too loud I feel a stock GTI turboback would be the best solution for now. I have a line on the exhaust part so mostly need the downpipe but if someone was in...
  5. N

Anyone near Sidcup that might be able to help me out?

I am in the USA and found an item unavailable here for a good price on Ebay but the seller is only doing local pickup. If there is anyone in the Sidcup/Kent area that is in the mood to be helpful please let me know. Will reimburse for any gas/time/etc that you might incur.
  6. N

Odd tone at startup

I have only had the car for a week now but since Tuesday I have noticed an odd tone that happens shortly after I start the car. It reminds me a bit of an 80's video game bomb dropping sound. Not sure if it is an alert of some type but not sure what it is trying to tell me. The only thing I...
  7. N

New Owner : 2016 White DCC 6MT and DAP

Missed out on the ordering window for the DAP last year so was surprised when my random search turned up my exact desired car sitting on the lot only 30 miles away. Went there Saturday and bought it even though I am recovering from foot surgery and can't drive it yet. Figured I wasn't likely to...
  8. N

LTB: Factory Madrid Wheels

Getting a Golf TDI but like the look of the Madrid wheels over the Geneva. Very willing to trade straight across if anyone happens to be interested in the opposite swap but expecting to purchase. The Geneva wheels will be for sale once I find some Madrids so PM me if you want to know when that...