GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Nissanskylinen1

1. N

DIY: Virtual Cockpit Retrofit MK7 (aliexpress version)

Can we get a video of the cluster in action? I'm curious as to how the ACC, MIB Navigation, and the speedo look in action.
  2. N

[VW] Discover Pro MIB2.5 MHI2_ER_VWG13_K4525_MU1367 & MIB2 MHI2_ER_VWG11_K3342_MU1427 | CarPlay Android Auto | ifs-root EL Patch

Thanks, I'm already a part of the group. And agreed, some of these people want greedy "donations" The difficult part is that there aren't many NAR firmwares lying around. The one I'm using is a bastardized EU one that's been converted to NAR so I don't have satellite radio.
  3. N

[VW] Discover Pro MIB2.5 MHI2_ER_VWG13_K4525_MU1367 & MIB2 MHI2_ER_VWG11_K3342_MU1427 | CarPlay Android Auto | ifs-root EL Patch

Thanks for the offer but I decided to do it myself via uart bench. Getting into emergency IFS was a little tricky....
  4. N

Change AID Color in MK7.5?

So I made a dumb decision and tried out the OBD11 app where you get 30 ambient colors in an '18 R. The app wouldn't run right, and when I changed the settings back to "OFF", the MIB unit changed back to blue, but the dashboard color is still red via the stock blue. Anyone know how to fix this...
  5. N

Just because its automated doesn't mean its foolproof. It can go wrong in many ways: 1) Wrong/Bad IFS-Root-Stage2 patch (common) 2) RCC locks before patch is written due to bad/slow Sd Card) 3) Battery runs out midway 4) Random flash failure because you got cursed with a Delphi unit 5) other...
  6. N

No way in hell should an average joe undertake this job. I did it last week and bricked my MIB unit. Now I gotta pay to have it restored on a workbench hooked up to a PSU. Pay a local expert to do it.
  7. N

DIY Guide and Review: AKD AliExpress MK7.5 LED Tail Lights for NAR MK7 Golf

Same way we do all the other ones. Its programmed into the tail lights
  8. N

Blind spot monitoring error - intermittent

So I decided to look into this again. I took the door panel off and checked all the wires in the door. There is continuity everywhere in the door - none of the wires are broken at all. I think it might be the module perhaps? Any ideas?
  9. N

Retrofit Ambient Light on Dashboard for MK7 Golf R

Found this on Aliexpress - its ambient lighting for the dashboard trim piece...
  10. N

Arteon Style Blind Spot Mirror Cap Installation

How did you wire them from the BSM module? Did you use the existing wires or did you run new wires down the door?
  11. N

Retrofit Ambient Light on Dashboard for MK7 Golf R

Found this on Aliexpress - its ambient lighting for the dashboard trim piece...
  12. N

DIY Guide and Review: AKD AliExpress MK7.5 LED Tail Lights for NAR MK7 Golf

The adjustment screws on the Vland ones are a pain in the butt. I would just sand away the standoffs with a dremel/sandpaper for those ones.
  13. N

Cylinder 2 and 3 misfire

Don't get RS7 plugs. Had 4 engines blow up this year from it in our local FB group.