GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MKX

1. MKX

Tow Hook Storage Location?

Where does the tow hook go? Mine came just sitting in the hatch side pocket at delivery. Looked all over the hatch/spare tire area and can't seem to find a cutout place to store it. Where does it go?
  2. MKX

Official MK7 Photoshop Request Thread

Let's keep all of our photoshop requests centralized to this one thread. I'll start us off so we can just get this one out of the way. If someone could do the ever classic silver LMs and a nice drop to this one:
  3. MKX

Who here owns an MKV?

Lol that badge is so random. And the inside still has just as much red as the MK6. I don't understand. Contrast stitching is one thing when it's against a nice leather in a truly special car, but a $25k VW with 217hp? "But, but, but, look at all this red stitching! Must be racecar!"
  4. MKX

The Steering Wheel Thread

I love the MK7 GTI. I think VW got a lot of things right, and I very well may buy one. But let's talk about the steering wheel. We all know and love the MK6 steering wheel: It's a thing of beauty and I thought it would be hard to replace. Apparently it was too hard to replace and now this is...
  5. MKX

GTI In Under 1 Week Now

Paris Auto Show press days are next Thursday and Friday, the 27th and 28th. That means we're within a week of seeing the MK7 GTI. I couldn't find a press schedule, but I'd wager they'll show it on Thursday. So, who else is excited? Shall we make predictions of what we hope to see?
  6. MKX

If The MQB S3 Is Any Indication Of The MK7 Golf R...

If the MQB S3 is any indication of the MK7 Golf R, then it looks very promising. S3 info was released today. Cliffnotes: -280 tq from 1800-5500 rpms -300 hp at 5500 rpms -0-62 in 5.1 seconds w/ S-Tronic (DSG) -3,075 lb max curb weight -34 mpg...
  7. MKX

Who here owns an MKV?

You're not implying that you think the MK8 will be here in 3 years, are you?
  8. MKX

Who here owns an MKV?

I'd be shocked to see a VR in a MK7. If you want a VR, why not pick up a CC? CC+VR6+4Motion is pretty cool.
  9. MKX

Emby's MK7 GTI Build Thread

This thread will be continually updated to document my experience with the MK7 GTI. My intentions are to build a simple, OEM+ daily driver. The primary focus is to utilize strategically planned modifications to enhance the driving experience. Initial Factory Order: 2015 MK7 GTI 2-Door DSG...
  10. MKX

The Off-Topic Chat Thread

An off-topic chat thread that's being encouraged and not locked immediately? Deuces Vortex.
  11. MKX

Who here owns an MKV?

I currently have a MKV GTI. Going either MK7 GTI or MQB A3 sedan next fall when they arrive here. The MK6 wasn't differentiated enough from the MKV to warrant the cost to update. Personally, I preferred the MKV's exterior to the MK6, and the 6 went overboard with the red accents on the interior.